Finding a Data Science job in Dar

Hi all,

My name is Vincent, I am a Dutch Data Scientist with 2 years of experience. My girlfriend and I are planning to move abroad in about a year. Our top pick is currently Dar es Salaam, that is if we can find jobs that satisfy our ambitions. So my questions are basically with regards to that matter.

Googling for data science/analytics (or similar) vacancies does not yield many results, what would be a good place to search for job offers?
In terms of data maturity or technical evolvement if I can call it like that, how do companies in Tanzania compare to let's say Nairobi, Johannesburg or cities in western countries?
Also, how do you evaluate the development in your personal career as well as the working conditions, salary, and terms of employment?

We would both love to move here as we are very much attracted to the country, however, we would not like to make to many concessions to our fresh careers.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vincent

Welcome to the forum.

I honestly think that such jobs would be very difficult, if not, impossible to find in Tanzania.
I suggest you perhaps contact the University of Tanzania in Dar for information / advice as it may be something they are teaching.

Good luck.

Hi Brother,

Really very difficult for you to find job in Data Science.

But I saw the recently  Zola Electrical looking for Data Scientist http://zolaelectric.com/ in Dar Es Salaam.

Also Check With CRDB Bank Tanzania www.crdbbank.com they have opening for Senior Core Data Analyst.

Regards
Rahul Bhati