Job offer from Quality Group as Architect

Dear All members,

I am from India with a work experience of 06 years and  have been offered a job opportunity with Quality Group in Tanzania (Dar es saalaam) with a contract period of 02 years, I have few question regarding the offer.

1) Can somebody from the Quality group update me about the companies status & level in the country.

2) The company has said that they have a policy that I have to submit my passport with the company for two years   :huh: . In case I have to visit India that I have to deposit my 03 months salary with the company to get my passport and the same will be refunded when I will come back. Is this a standard practice in Tanzania ? :unsure

3) They have agreed to bear all the expenses like House rent/car allowance/electricity bills/water bills etc. But I have to arrange my accommodation & transport by myself and company will only provide a fixed amount monthly as a salary component. Is this a better option or I should as the company to arrange the same for me.  :unsure

4) In case I need to leave the job before completing the 02 years contract than I have to pay some amount nearly equal to 03 months salary with will be calculated on exact basis on the expenditure done by the company to recruit me/visa/flight cost etc. Is this the correct way or should I not agree to this.  :/

5) As per the current market condition of Tanzania what will be the best salary package for an Architect with Masters in Construction Management & 06 years of Experience.  :)

I understand that not everything can be disclosed on this forum so if possible kindly provide your feedback via mail on *** or ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons please do not share your mail on the forum.

Dear Aditya,
I would like to guide on your query. I will not elaborate much on this blog as off now, but this is not the company where you should work. You can chat with me on facebook. search me on facebook through my email i d ***and chat with me
Regards,

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : For security reasons please do not share your mail on the forum.

Hello aditya.architect and toamaze,

We will highly appreciate if you could share information here on the Dar es Salaam forum, so that members having the same queries can get some help through your feedbacks.   ;)

The forum is all about helping and sharing infos,so if you could participate, that will be great.  :)

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Dear toamaze,

I m from india ,My husband got offer for civil engineer from quality groups company .The same agreement as  Aditya explained below for my husband also. can u help me on this..july 20 2015 will be the joining date for my husband . Please reply me as soon as possible.

Dear Aditya,

Are u working in Quality groups company now ? if yes, please tell me your working experience with qulality groups ,otherwise explain me the reason ASAP.mail me ***

regards,
sk

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your e-mail on the forum.

hi,
that sounds very dodgy to me
regards,
Kristina

hi..can you give me your mail id or number.i would need more info on Quality group jobs...i am from india

Hi Everyone,
Firstly a warm hello to all and thanks for the advice you share with people.I am Renny from Mumbai. An architect by profession. I shall share more in a later post..

I have been going through a couple of posts and need some sound advice. I have recently been offered a position for an architect by the quality group. All details much similar to what another member Aditya has shared in another post. Given the replies which didnt tell much.. I am hoping for some actual truth before making a decision to move to Dar Es Salaam.  Please share your thoughts on the said company and if it is real or ficticious.  Request a detailed response rather than the ones I saw on said post..
Since emails cant be shared.. please do reply or pvt. msg(if that exists)

Adityas post:
I am from India with a work experience of 06 years and  have been offered a job opportunity with Quality Group in Tanzania (Dar es saalaam) with a contract period of 02 years, I have few question regarding the offer.

1) Can somebody from the Quality group update me about the companies status & level in the country.

2) The company has said that they have a policy that I have to submit my passport with the company for two years     . In case I have to visit India that I have to deposit my 03 months salary with the company to get my passport and the same will be refunded when I will come back. Is this a standard practice in Tanzania ? 

3) They have agreed to bear all the expenses like House rent/car allowance/electricity bills/water bills etc. But I have to arrange my accommodation & transport by myself and company will only provide a fixed amount monthly as a salary component. Is this a better option or I should as the company to arrange the same for me.   

4) In case I need to leave the job before completing the 02 years contract than I have to pay some amount nearly equal to 03 months salary with will be calculated on exact basis on the expenditure done by the company to recruit me/visa/flight cost etc. Is this the correct way or should I not agree to this.

Dear Aditya/ All above,

Your response would be much appreciated. I have the same offer from The same company.. Can someone please give more details than just short mixed words..  Please do share your experience and if this is legit at all? Also the whole passport being taken by the company part?   Please advice... Genuine concern before taking this offer..

Regards,
Renny

Hello Renny,

I have merged one of your posts to this thread since you have copied pasted the post of Aditya, that will be the appropriate thread for you to get an answer.

- Job offer from Quality Group as Architect

Best of luck,
Bhavna

hi

there is another compny offering position for architect with 40000 USD per annum which is not so great but just ok for 10-12 years of experience post but there work timings are 7:30 AM to 6 PM does it sound decent ?

60 hours plus a week isnt it too much ? slog for all 6 days for 10 + hours daily !!!!!!

any comments ?

I guess I'll post since others here haven't weigh'd in.... but Quality Group is a fairly well known company out here for the 2nd biggest commercial mall in the country, or 2nd busiest/active at least.  Anyone living in Tanzania could vouch for this.  As far as the other requirements they list for having to pay 3 months salary if you do not finish your contract, that's not very uncommon out here often state that if a contract is terminated before completion then money is owed to the other party -- so considering they are investing into the cost of getting newly recruited staff out here it isn't very surprising this was mentioned.

hello to all of you ,

everybody talking about so much but at the end there was no conclusion at all .

I have an offer from same company as PHOTOGRAPHER , and after reading so much post of lots of people , not a single post clear about anything .

plz share and clearly explain about the queries of confused people like me so we can proceed further .

do not share personally and in short way .

thank you.
abhishek
Mumbai india.

i was there approximate one year, Its a good company in Dar Region, most of the Dar company is                 unprofessional , If QG offer you they will pay not an issue.

Hi Aditya,

My reply is as follows:

Quality groups is big n welknown here in Tanzania.

2) The company has said that they have a policy that I have to submit my passport with the company for two years   :huh: . In case I have to visit India that I have to deposit my 03 months salary with the company to get my passport and the same will be refunded when I will come back. Is this a standard practice in Tanzania ? :unsure
This practice is normal here for submitting passport as a security. After 1 year most of the companies give leave and it's upto you to visit anywhere. Deposit 3 month salary is starting by companies here due to recent fraud by candidates. I need to ask what about probation period terms n condition?

3) They have agreed to bear all the expenses like House rent/car allowance/electricity bills/water bills etc. But I have to arrange my accommodation & transport by myself and company will only provide a fixed amount monthly as a salary component. Is this a better option or I should as the company to arrange the same for me.  :unsure
As per my view tell your company to give you salary and handle all other expenses.

4) In case I need to leave the job before completing the 02 years contract than I have to pay some amount nearly equal to 03 months salary with will be calculated on exact basis on the expenditure done by the company to recruit me/visa/flight cost etc. Is this the correct way or should I not agree to this.  :/
Yes this normal because company is investing on you and arranging your business visa issues which involve both money n time.

5) As per the current market condition of Tanzania what will be the best salary package for an Architect with Masters in Construction Management & 06 years of Experience.  :)
It also depend on position... Any how it will be around $2,000

Hope it may help
Jamal

Hy...Just join man.****........Dont miss opportunity.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : please post in english only on this english speaking forum

Good company and status

2) The company has said that they have a policy that I have to submit my passport with the company for two years   :huh: . In case I have to visit India that I have to deposit my 03 months salary with the company to get my passport and the same will be refunded when I will come back. Is this a standard practice in Tanzania ? :
Maximum company have that policy but you can deposit your permit fee to company and you are free to keep your passport and enjoy your holidays. When you finish your contract they will return all fee.

Go with company to arrange.you can not buy everything like home essentials.When you leave what you do that goods.You will have to sell at half price

See the permit fee is 3000 USD and that money is for 2 years so if you are leaving you have to pay balance amount.

2000 USD