Job offered in tanzania.

Iam an automobile engineer who has  just got a job as asst workshop manager in dar es salam. they are offering me 1400usd as take home salary and free bachelore accomodation for six month and family visa and family accomodation after six month. what i would like to know is with the salary offered will i be able to pay my local expenses as well as make some kind of  saving.kindly tell me what is the cost of living in tanzania for a person  with moderate expenditure.pls reply urgently as i have not yet signed the contract.

Deepak

What kind of company is offering you the job ? Trucking company, automotive , car dealer or ? Big , small business ?

Dear muliving,

I am offered a job of asst service manager in hyundai east africa in dar es salam,they are offering me 1400 USD As net take home salary + free acomodation (bachelor basis )utility bills to be born by me for initial six month and then family acomodation and visa  after six month.
             kindly tell me if you know any thing about the above said company.they are not providing any medical insurance or means of transportation.
             kindly advise if it is a good offer,they have aleady send me the contract but i have not  signed the same.

deepak

Hi Deepak,
Please negotiate for Local Salary and Transport. Once your family is here, your expenses will be increased. It it very difficult to move out without Car.
To maintain a family (with moderate exps) will cost you 600,000 shillings a month (400 dollars).

Best of Luck.

deepak_varghese36 wrote:

Dear muliving,

Hahahahaha. I sent that guy a message ages ago too. He never replies lol.

Dear nilesh,

Thanks For the feedback,will i be able to make any saving after paying my local expenses in the above mentioned salary of 1400 USD .you said around 400 usd for moderate expense for family,does this include utility bils.what about medical insurance, security etc.what is the cost of living for a single person.

Awaiting your reply,

Deepak

Dear Nilesh,

Myself Nitin,also have an offer to establish a factory in tanzania.
The cost of Living in term of following on Average Rates if mention may help it out.
1.Rent.
2.Cost of Indian Thali(Veg.
3.Cost of Local Food / Thali(Veg.)
4.Cost of Local Food / Thali(Non-Veg.)
5.Medical rates
6.Taxes on Income
7.Rebates on incaome applicable

Your kind guidance will help for a firm decision.

Regards

Nitin

It  all   depends  for  a  person   llike  me   that paid money   is  enough  but  but  for   you  am not  sure. But  i  think  tell them to add    some