Interracial marriages

what do you guys think about interracial marriages? do they work ?

I believe it works. If you are totally into each other as a man and a woman, then there is no reason for not being together. But you also bear in mind the possible issues about cultural and traditional differences.

I think it would work provided there was real love between the man and woman and both had an open mind where they can easily accept the cultural differences and make compromises to make it work.
I for one wouldn't hesitate going for it.

Inter-racial marriages work but only if ( as is the case with any other marriage ) TRUE love exists between the man and the woman. TRUE love, in my opinion, includes knowing your spouses full names, family members, interests, goals in life, strengths, weaknesses, needs, wants and desires among other things.

I know it works.  I am German und my husband is african-american.  We just celebrated our 20th Anniversary.  We have 2 children.

Interracial marriage or same race marriage, there are ups and downs in every marriage.  You need to be strong and believe in yourself und your spouse. 

I consider my marriage as very strong and I'm looking forward in spending the rest of my life with my husband.

I think it doesn't work at all hear guys get married but av neva seen any........ooooook lemmie say av been in need of hooking up such marriage but av not come a close that lady......so those who think it works try and halla at me....xx

I believe that it works n hope to be in one one day. i know of several that have worked,its a personal thing. The most important thing is that there should be true love and your values and belief system should be in agreement because they help you overcome even cultural barriers.

dear, lets forget one second about love and all that. AFter a few years of honeymoon, when kids, morgages and health problems comes about, then all the love in the world not enough, and lots of patients and compromise needed. I am an educated, non religious iranian woman who married an English man.since none of us was especially traditional or religious, I never thought that there is going to be any problems. we have been married 7 years and have a lovely 5 year old boy. My husband never comes to my friends or family parties as he say he cant be listening to farsi all night long and he hates when I speak to my friends on the phone. He has no interest of leaning persian either. I feel I am single mum when going to my friends. His family has never made an effort to learn about me or my country and still ask me if my family in irak! are well!!so think very seriously about intercultural marraige, specially if one or both of you are of different religions

ahahah... sounds like my story. husband after 14 years marriage, does not speak my native language, never had a will for that.he gets bored visiting my relatives bcase language and culture difference. but still... where is the issue,let it be... as long he is crazy abt me why to care about the rest. my children speak both my and husband's native languages, plus we speak other language. i made efforts for myself to learnother languages, i can impress whole his family/friends by speaking languages, accepting diffr cultures and customs.
Common, stop worry why he didnt learn language, why he is not interracting with ur friends... live your life the way u feel happy, and let him live the way he wants. if he loves you, he wudnt mind u abt your family/friends. anyway, husbands get irritated especialy western abt seeing wives too close to her side, bcase they dont live this way.. after years or mixed marriage, life shows,proves what is important in life, its your family, ur children and most of important is that you feel free and happy.

oh bytheway... no offence, i was lived in Tehran for a month in a fancy neigbourhood, suppose to be there for a year but ru away after onemonth...
i must say, iranians are sweet ppl, but invitations , visits, receptions last tooooo long, even i cant take it. i know its a culture, but for foreigners it can be a bit too much. i m not supirsed ur hubby gets irritated when u talk to friends, u must be engaging phone for hours, but again i know this is in culture, ppl constanly sharing their  daily life to each other.
i live far way from my family,sometimes i say my siste" ohh, i m somewhere glad to escape all theinvitations and receptions, i cant take it for long...
cheer up, life not that sad, there are so many other things to do....

Meet other expats and join the events

OR