Moving from India to Dammam, Need help for changing of profession

Hi,

I am from India and completed bachelors degree, I am moving from India to Dammam as a Data entry operator but the visa is for carpenter, recruitment agent said that its not necessary to get the same visa as your profession. so can I change my profession once I move to Dammam from carpenter to Data entry operator?, and the company is providing me 150 SR for food, is it enough for a month?
please help me with some important information, I will be thankful for you.

hashmi.ahmed wrote:

Hi,

I am from India and completed bachelors degree, I am moving from India to Dammam as a Data entry operator but the visa is for carpenter, recruitment agent said that its not necessary to get the same visa as your profession. so can I change my profession once I move to Dammam from carpenter to Data entry operator?, and the company is providing me 150 SR for food, is it enough for a month?
please help me with some important information, I will be thankful for you.

The Saudi  govt. has been really on the case of illegal expats. When the nature of your job does not match the profession on your visa (visa will be converted into iqama) you are considered as illegal. If you get caught yourself and your employer will face dire consequences.

I suggest you to speak with the employer and clear out the matter.

In my view SAR 150 will not be enough.

And a tremendous crackdown against illegals will kick in by 03-Nov-2013. The authorities will expect you be working with sliding bevels and claw hammers; not sitting in front of a computer screen. Stay safe.