Will my phone from Canada work in Kuwait?

I currently own an unlocked iphone 4s, but I want to upgrade to an iphone 5 before moving to Kuwait next month. My question is, if I get the phone unlocked (to work with any sim) here will it work in Kuwait for sure?

Should I purchase the iphone 5 in Canada, or wait to come to Kuwait and purchase it there??

Would appreciate feedback and advice from members, especially Canadian members with similar experiences. Thank  you

When unlocked, it will work just fine as long as it is using GSM network. I am mentioning this because there were two types of 3G iPads sold, one was using CDMA and the other GSM - the former would not work in Europe and Middle East. Not sure if iPhone comes in different flavors, so it is worth checking.
Of course you can get the phone here as well which probably makes more sense if you are going to be here for a while.

Thank you for your input! I was thinking of getting it in Kuwait, but I heard it costs more in Kuwait than here, is this true?

I am assuming you will get it along with the carrier plan, in that case the price is not that high. If you are buying one without the plan, it is probably cheaper to get it over there.

Well, my teaching contract is only for a year so I did not want to commit to a phone contract with a plan yet. Thank you for your input ! :)