Schengen Visa

I have been with my Ukraine partner for four  years and we are geting married this summer. In the meantime we are hoping to travel to various European countries with her named as my fiancé. She is not working and is totally dependent on me. Can anyone in a similar situation shed light on the Schengen visa process? And does the fact that Britain is not a Schengen member make the process more difficult?

Update on my Schengen Visa.

We got married in August this year and within days we applied for a Schengen Visa for my wife to Greece. I am a British citizen and although Britain is not a member of Schengen, the process was quick, simple and free, she was regarded as an EU family member. All she had to do is fill in the relevant parts of the Schengen form leaving out parts about her job, her finances, accomadation and flight tickets. I had to fill in my name passport number.

Additional paperwork was copy of marriage certificate, copies of all pages of both passports and her Ukraine domestic passport and two passport photos of my wife. 10 days later we picked up the passport. Ladies be warned.....the Greek visa section (also Embassy) does not have toilets, can be a problem for the ladies!!!

Hi Tradewinds100,

Thank you for your contribution and congratulations for your wedding. :)

Best wishes, :)

David.