Are Work Visas harder to get vs Travel Visas?

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone knows if work visas in Libya are more difficult to get currently vs travel visas?

I have a new job in Libya, and the employer had a 6 months multi-entry visitor visa issued for me vs a work visa.

They stated they will convert it to a work visa once in Libya.

Will this limit me in anyway with living there as for banking, living, etc?

Morning,
You will struggle to get a bank account without a resi visa.
However, you get a much better exchange rate on the streets.
6 month business visa prior to gaining a 1 year work visa is normal

What do you mean by "the streets"?

So, I will simply have to use my Canadian Bank debit / ATM card, then.  That and Western Union.

Oh  it is NOT a business visa - it is a tourist visa.  Does that make a difference?  I know in many countries unless you have a work visa you have given up all of your rights to the employer - as in fact you are not "officially" working there.

You shouldn't be working on either a Business Visa or a Tourist Visa, what's your rotation? Are you being paid locally?
The best place for converting cash is at the Gold Markets, rate is a lot better.

hmmmm.... strange.  I was told by the company they would convert the visa once I arrive to a work visa. 

Gold Market?  Like a street gold vendor?

You cant "convert" a visa, they will re-apply for a work visa.
There are a coupld of area's in town that have shops that will convert virtually any currency to LYD, the best rate I have found is the Gold Shops down near Cafe Casa.

cool, v much appreciated!!