Any new about visas for Schengen countries?

Hi all, any update on this matter?

Thanx,

Mariano

here

LIBYA TO FREE SWISS MAN VERY SOON

and here...

EU URGES LIBYA TO END TRAVEL CURBS

Thanx Sandman, IŽve been following some news and it seems that the Swiss have done their part, now itŽs up to Libya. There are some solid rumors that this will be solved on 4/5 of April, but as always, these are only rumors.

I am told we will hear good news very very soon

Has someone won a war?

Defeat of Switzerland

Or, the more objective editorial:

Libya Lifts Schengen Zone Visa Ban

Arggg... does this mean I have to find something else to complain about?!?

Hehehehehe, youŽre free to travel Tonito!!! I wonŽt need to get a tourst visa on my brazilian passport!!! Money saved!

Just read on a travel forum that the ban has been lifted but no 'confirmation' of this elsewhere ... any news in Libya on this?  My visa is looking promising according to an e-mail yesterday, will probably pick it up in France (but I'm non-Schengen)

ItŽs the headline of the Libyan Post... and TV and Radio are also giving the news...

I just have to say, the schengen agreement is really messed up. once your prohibited in one area of the schengen you can not travel to ANY schengen areas. It needs to change. I hear there is a new set of rules coming in to effect on april 5th, but i havent been able to find out how it will affect the schengen visas. It is sad that once you are banned from one country you are automaticaly banned from 25 countries. I do not blame libya for doing what they did, because unless you run into an issue with travelling on a schengen visa you would never know just how stupid it is to ban a person from 25 countries! Glad to hear they may have solved however.

One question, mp_garcia you dont need a tourist visa to go? does that mean you can travel to libya without a visa anytime?

Habbibi, you fail to understand what the Schengen Agreement was set up to achieve. This being the abolition of checks at the common borders of the signatory states. In essence, once a person has entered one state of the Schengen zone, they are free to travel within the entire Schengen zone.

Unless there are controls in place to restrict the entry of "undesirables", such a person could still enter one Schengen state and travel at will, anywhere they wanted to within the Zone, despite the fact that the same person may be subject to legal proceedings in another state.

The fact that Switzerland is a Schengen Agreement signatory, but not a member of the EU is irrelevant. Schengen treats all of it's member states as one entity, therefore if Mr Bad Guy is banned from entering one state, he's banned from all. Pretty simple.

....and as MP-Garcia has demonstrated, there are ways and means around the problem.

hababbi wrote:

One question, mp_garcia you dont need a tourist visa to go? does that mean you can travel to libya without a visa anytime?

What a strange conclusion... I didnŽt say that...

And one of our Dutch guys just arrived on the KLM flight ;)

Sandman6 wrote:

Habbibi, you fail to understand what the Schengen Agreement was set up to achieve. This being the abolition of checks at the common borders of the signatory states. In essence, once a person has entered one state of the Schengen zone, they are free to travel within the entire Schengen zone.

Unless there are controls in place to restrict the entry of "undesirables", such a person could still enter one Schengen state and travel at will, anywhere they wanted to within the Zone, despite the fact that the same person may be subject to legal proceedings in another state.

The fact that Switzerland is a Schengen Agreement signatory, but not a member of the EU is irrelevant. Schengen treats all of it's member states as one entity, therefore if Mr Bad Guy is banned from entering one state, he's banned from all. Pretty simple.

....and as MP-Garcia has demonstrated, there are ways and means around the problem.

I agree on 'the singular' issue but to go ahead and ban another 100 plus people was just plain stupid by the Toblerone brigade IMO. Hope this ends soon.

When a person is unable to enter a country that is part of schengen agreement they typically are unable to secure a visa from any schengen country. That is my experience with the process. I fully understand the borderless concept. SIS prevents anyone from getting a visa once they are flagged on the system which in turn prevents one from entering any of those countries because none of them will issue a visa due to the fact that if they do the borderless system would allow them to travel wherever. That is the issue.
mp-garcia you said you do not have to get a visa on your brazilian passport money saved, that what was I was asking about, I thought maybe you were talking about a visa for libya. AH but maybe you were meaning you do not have to go anywhere now. sorry to confuse you.

hababbi wrote:

SIS prevents anyone from getting a visa once they are flagged on the system which in turn prevents one from entering any of those countries because none of them will issue a visa due to the fact that if they do the borderless system would allow them to travel wherever.

That is not correct. Your entry is granted based upon the information which you include in the application, together with the required supporting documents. Neither is there any "automatic refusal" red flag placed upon an applicant purely because their entry has been previously refused at another Schengen country.

Making a Schengen visa application is not a difficult process -there are only two sides of paper to complete!

What reason was given for refusing your application?

LIBYA IS OPENING THE DOORS AGAIN FOR EUROPE . PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED