Tourist visa on arrival

Does anyone have any idea how much it will be and whether to pay in Dinars (will need to find some before immigration), Euros or US Dollars?  Euros would be easier in my case

Im not getting the visa through a travel agency but a private Libyan company hence my question!

Thanks all!

My understanding is that the visa fee is nominal, around $40-50. I don't have any official information to back this though.

Good Luck,

Amir

My understanding is that the visa fee is nominal, around $40-50. I don't have any official information to back this though.

Good Luck,

Amir

Back in March the price was 100.5 LYD, this may have changed.

KirAfrique wrote:

Does anyone have any idea how much it will be and whether to pay in Dinars (will need to find some before immigration), Euros or US Dollars?  Euros would be easier in my case

Im not getting the visa through a travel agency but a private Libyan company hence my question!

Thanks all!

Got one yesterday for a friend of mine at a cost of 130LD. Quick service as well had it in 2 days after i gave neccessary info.

For European 105 Dinar  it's the same  schengen visa for Libyans

Canadian 155 Dinar   =  Canada visa for libyan's

USA  130 Dinar

Korea + China = 60 Dinar

turkey = free
Italian = free

Dren,

Can you give me the procedure involved in getting the visa? I have been trying to get one for an Egyptian/American to bring him to Tripoli for an interview and my admin people have not been able to get it done so far.

I was advised that for US citizens an itinerary is required covering their entire visit in Libya.

Any information on this will be helpful for sure.

Thanks,
Siddiqui

Good Topic
I am just about to apply for a Visitors Visa for a Kiwi but was quoted about450 LD. Am I being hoodwinked?

One question what are the hours for business at government offices in tripoli.

hababbi wrote:

9am to 11am and only if you're lucky. Government employees go to work only if they can't find a wedding or a funeral where they can score free steamed rice and tea.

MoEl wrote:
hababbi wrote:

9am to 11am and only if you're lucky.

Except on weekdays when it's 1030-1100 or 1015-1045 on alternate random days.

They're closed weekends, Ramadan, Eid (big & little), New Year (Western, Chinese, Thai and North Korean), Birthdays of most world leaders and opposition leaders (real & imaginary), Christmas, Easter, Loi Khratong, Bonfire night, Halloween and weekdays.

The bill is in........... I have paid LD 650 for the privilege of getting an airport tourist visa for an Egyptian national.

Flip side is that he is still waiting at Tripoli airport for the last two hours waiting to have it stamped on his passport.

Siddiqui