Architect's salary in Vietnam

Hi to all,

I am a qualified Architect with 6 years UK experience. I have applied for some jobs in architectural companies here in Hanoi and am wondering what salary I could ask for. I know, they probably offer some bonus packages but would 2000$ be too much to start with?

If somebody could give me some advice that would be very much appreciated. And if somebody knows some companies in Hanoi who are desperate for foreign architects with focus on sustainability, very much appreciated too.

Thanks for your help
Anne

Hello Anne.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll get some informations soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Which type of company (Own-stated company or foreign company) and position (Senior or Middle management ...) do you apply for?

Hi, it is a half Vietnamese half European company and the position will be at project manager level, means above project leaders/architects. If you could give me any guidelines that would be really nice.
Thanks for it

Hi anicesommer,

Well, you must be in a big confuse cause it's difficult to give the demand on salary in a new country, working condition is different, contract terms is different too. I believe that it depends much on how big your company is, how big your project is, and what kind of contract you will sign (periodically or permanently).

Although I'm not very sure of your case and do not work directly in Architect industry, but here's something I can share, and hope that helps :)

For a big big project ~100mil USD, short contract, foreign and high level of PM, big company, he/she could be received ~40000USD/month. End of project, you'll out. Small project, middle size company, VNese PM, 2000$/month is acceptable. For middle project, it could be 3-4000$/month, but it's rare.

I strongly believe that the total income of PM in VN includes % incentive from procurement, lobby from sub-contract (10-30% is the rule). So, it's important you confirm whether procurement decision belongs to you or not, salary is only on the surface you know :) If your boss makes the decision on Procurement, he should offer you more on salary.

Good luck!

For experienced foreign expert, a Vietnamese company can offer up o 6000usd/month.CEO can get 13-15K, all before tax...
But to live a comfortabke life here, it would be enough if your income is 1000usd per month after tax...
So you have a wide range to consider,
It depends on the company though. If that is a well-known company of hiring foreigners then u can have some advantages.

Good luck!

Hi,

I am not an architecture. But I am a real estate developer ( anadacommunity.com) in Vietnam. 2000 usd is not high and very low. It is not too much to ask for, in fact, it's very low. However, it is dependent on your skills and abilities. A good oversea architecture company in Ho Chi Minh is transform-architecture.

Again, salary is dependent on your qualifications, experiences, and what you got to offered.

Kristina

Hello Guy,

[moderated : please post in the Jobs section]

Vân

Hi Anne :)
I AM IN SAME STATE as u were some yrs. Ago. I am architect with 14+ yrs experience. In Architecture. The company which is sending me to Ho Chi Minh City is metro train consultant. What salary should I ask? Married with 2 Kids one 5yrs and 10yrs old.
Pls. Reply asap
Thanks and regards