Living in hanoi with Kids?

Hi,

My husband has just accepted a teaching position in Hanoi and we will be relocating from australia in a couple of months. We have young kids ( 16 month, 3 years & 8 year old) I was wondering if anyone has any experiences they can share about living in Hanoi with young children. I'm especially concerned about their health.

Thanks,
Mickey

Hi Michey !

I live and work in Hanoi. I have son 10 months old.
For the hospital you can go this place they do very good service and have International and Vietnamese doctor.

Hanoi French Hospital
Address: 1 Phuong Mai St., Dong Da Dist., Hanoi
Tel: (84-4) 577 1100
www.hfh.com.vn
or
Hanoi Familly Medical Practice
ad:298 Kim Ma
Tel:(84.4)843.0748
or
International SOS
31 Hai Ba Trung
Tel:(84.4)934.0555

If you need some more information dont hesitate to contact me.
Best regards,

Hi my housban is going to work in Hanoi, we are spanish- venezuelan living in Riyadh now, but after 2 weeks we will move to hanoi, we have 3 kids, 7 year, 4 years and 9 months, the company recomended  Singapore international School, here they are attending to American School. Any comment will be good for us, now we are going to look for school, house, activities for the kids, etc etc.

Regards
ADA:D

Hi and welcome on Expat.com yooo :)

I hope other members will be able to tell you more about it soon ;)

Regards
Armand

i also need info about schooling for kids.  I have a vietnamese wife and she insists on enrolling our future child in a vietnamese government-run school instead of an international one, saying graduates of government schools get better education than those from private schools and just as good (technically) as those from international schools.  Are government-run schools here really good?

Welcome on Expat-blog sweetscrazy! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

If you have more questions, i suggest you to start a new discussion on the Vietnam forum.

Thank you and good luck.

hi guys,
you are all have babies, right? I'm a Vietnamese student and looking for babysitter job. my aunt have a private kindergarten so i have much experience with baby:D i love them so much. Also, for bigger children, i can also be their babysitter or tutor. i have 2-year experience in tutoring. If you need a babysitter, or know someone needs, plz feel free to contact me: [email protected]
Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Hien

Hi Hien, welcome to Expat-blog!

You should post this advert in the Hanoi classifieds under community section - babysitting.

Thank you and good luck
Christine

[Moderated: please post in classifieds]

to get many replies check out the new Hanoian Hanoi chapter. not sure if there is many schools that teach totally in English..

Hi there. I am Vietnamese. I am 29 years old and I have one baby boy. He is 1 year old now. We have a house in Hanoi. I really want my child to stay in English atmosphere from his early life, so, I am happy if any of you, who speak English , want to be my family's friends. Believe me, I am a trustworthy person. Please contact me or email [email protected]
I am happy to know you, it is better if you are married and have baby. We can be friends. I will help you to know more about Hanoi. I will send you our family's pictures through email.