Advise on salary ( From oman to bahrain)

I think you should resign my friend and get packing for a whole new life in Bahrain

:cheers:

Always expect a counter offer from your current employer, and make sure you won't run into issues with start dates and notice periods – ie start date in 3 weeks, but notice period of 4.

Good Luck

Have you seen the copy of the contract? At least you should see the terms and conditions of the contract before you join. Otherwise, it would be nonsense to accept someone joining the company without knowing what they are going to sign for.

Good question brightonguy , so far I received 2pages PDF document,
it started by :
This letter will serve as our formal offer of employment..

The general conditions of the offer are as follows:...

So it's akind of summary of the contract,
the contract I have with the current employer is 17 pages,
so I think they will provide the detailed contract once I'm in bahrain.

Hey Jo. Have you spoken to pirlo59?

brightonguy wrote:

Hey Jo. Have you spoken to pirlo59?

Yep. Mainly in this post but one PM too

I just received this email from the HR Manager :
"
Thank you for the confirmation and the copy of the contract. As I mentioned the contract will be presented upon your start of employment, however, if it is of any comfort to you, the laws are more or less the same as in Oman, therefore, the terms of your contract would not be different. 

On the offer letter as well as other communication you have been provided with information on your benefits, in addition the employment relation is governed by the laws of Bahrain. I hope this puts you at ease. "

Should I insiste to have the signed contract or not?
Jo / Brightonman : please advice

No don't insist you will be fine.

A handshake in Bahrain is as good as a contract.

I wouldn't insist on it either. However, have a good read to the document when you're there.

There is always room to negotiate after you have started work (within your trial period) most people don't do this but the option is there for you.

Hi All
I have some news for you;
Because of the last troubles and other reasons; I decided to don't go to bahrain; but; the company already send me the work visa by email; if i declined and don't come; do i have to pay something? what will be the consequences?

You have no reason to worry about the issues.

They are made to look worse due to the press.

Your visa cannot be exchanged as it is sponsored by an employer

Rethink and you will be fine.

Jo
I found another job in Dubai

I don't think you will have to pay anything - but your company won't be happy about it.

Thanks for the answer
I agree the company will not be happy,
but the other company is really good,
i expect to receive the other offer tomorrow, to inform them asap;
is dubai like bahrain in term of contract?
Means, the offer letter is enough to resign?

I wouldn't know the answer to this personally but you might want to try Dubai Expat Forum and ask there.

THANK YOU