Moving to Bahrain , some general queries

Hello guys,

Im an IT professional with 8+ yrs of IT experience and got offer from one of big Bahraini company (YKA) and planning to move to Bahrain in month of march , have few queries if someone can help me.

1. I have been offered with 1700 DB(Sal+House)+ Car+ fuel+ Medical+cell allowance , is this salary good enough to live a decent life style with good saving potential (say 900 BD) , considering Im married and  have 3 yr old kid who will be going to Kindergarten. we are pure vegetarian without alcohol/smoke , on avg go out once/twice in a week for food.

2. What would be the cost of medical insurance of my wife and Kid including OP cover( employer is giving only for me)

3. What would be the cost of Visa for my Kid ( as its not covered in my salary package)

4. My wife is housewife so which one is a good/safe area for family where she can have a good social life ( hindi speaking ladies friends etc)

5. In my Salary 300(14+3) is HRA , would i able to get a decent 1/2 BHK furnished/semi furnished flat in above areas.

6. I heard quite good feedback about company , if any of you can put some light on that too.

7. How is the social life,  in general in Bahrain for Indians ( we are north Indian , Hindi speaking)

8 . Im currently working with a top notch IT company in India , is this a good time to Move to Bahrain (honestly, Im planning for long term).

Hi and welcome to Expat.com akhil004!

Hope the forum will be able to help you out.

Regards
Armand

Armand wrote:

Hi and welcome to Expat.com akhil004!

Hope the forum will be able to help you out.

Regards
Armand

Thanks Armand , I'm also expecting same from this forum.

Hi

I can't answer your questions but this topic has been discussed lots of times on the forum. Read through the forum and you will see.

I think you should push the company you will be working for as they should provide medical and visas etc for your family too. If not then this isn't the job for you

Josnuggles wrote:

Hi

I can't answer your questions but this topic has been discussed lots of times on the forum. Read through the forum and you will see.

I think you should push the company you will be working for as they should provide medical and visas etc for your family too. If not then this isn't the job for you

HI Josnuggles,

Thanks for your reply,
I know this topic has discussed multiple times on this forum and believe me i tried to get as much of them as i can , but you see there are some specific queries about insurance , schooling , visa etc... if they can be answered it will be immense help for me.
One more thing , May i ask if there is any specific reason for saying that this job is not for me (is is just cause they are not providing medical to my family or anything else ?)

Nearly all jobs in Bahrain include medical insurance for you and your family and visas for you and your family. Also they usually pay school fees for 2 children with a capped amount per annum. I just think that if your company aren't doing this then you have the chance to either bargain with them (which I highly recommend you do) or take a job elsewhere.

Never, ever accept the first offer they give you. A lovely guy on here got an extra 500BD a month through discussions with his company

Thanks for your reply Josnuggles

I will try to negotiate as much as i can , however if i can get answer to above queries i would be in a better position to decide.

You will be fine, there is a large Hindi community in Bahrain, in all areas. Medical insurance isn't expensive - exclude dental as really cheap here anyway. You can get a lovely 3 bed flat for 450BD and food here is really cheap. School fees are not that expensive either and if you save money monthly in preparation then you will be fine

My office would in Sitrah( Y K Almoyyad) town , which are good areas near by , some one was suggesting me Hoora !

Close to Sitra is Tubli, Jaffair, Hidd and Amwaj. All really nice places and very safe. Just remember when viewing to check out vandalism and burnt bins - don't move anywhere where you see these.

Saw news in GDN  and few people also confirmed that Sitra is center of all thug activities , im little concerned as my office would be in Sitra ( YK Almoyyad Nissan) only. Need help of your guys to understand how safe it is.

Yes, Sitra is not the best place to live in, for work, less chance of facing any issues during commuting to and from work.  Good luck

Nawafo wrote:

Yes, Sitra is not the best place to live in, for work, less chance of facing any issues during commuting to and from work.  Good luck

Hi Nawafo , thanks for your quick reply. I will anyways avoid living in Sitra , planning in Hoora or Amwaj but what about day time , while commuting to/from work , in fact while working. is it safe to work there. I see all big automotive dealer groups are there in Sitra , how they are managing their business ?

Sitra and any area with unrest are heavily secured by police, it should not be a concern during day time.  It should be fine

:)

Nawafo wrote:

Sitra and any area with unrest are heavily secured by police, it should not be a concern during day time.  It should be fine

:)

Thank you :)