Job offer - require for a money.. scam or not?? please help

Hi,

i get the offer from one of the big hotels in KL two weeks ago and i pass the interview ( i had a one short phone call interview).

after that company send me my contract for 2 years, so i sign it and i send it back.

then they require for payment for a business class ticket, and i paid 50% of that, because they said they are paying for 5o% my travel expenses. my half cost around USD450

after that they send me approval letter from ministry of labor and foreign affairs with certificate of approval.

and now they require send a money 50% for 2 years working visa expenses and its 1170USD!!

im so worry is that scam or not?? below the email from company:

We are delighted to inform you that your approval has been received from the Ministry of Labor and foreign affairs. Please find attached your approval document.

Based on your working document, please find attached the Malaysian Immigration Application form which you are expected to fill up accordingly. You are expected to fill up section A and B while the other part will be filled up by the management before submission to the  Malaysian Immigration Authorities.

Please be informed that this application is endorsed with a fee of $ 2,340 USD and considering the company's working policy, you only need to confirm 50%, as the company will shoulder the other 50%.

i admit, that i apply for this job offer online by seek.com. i found their offer there. hotel is real for sure, and the name of the hr director also is real, the number of the hr director is also online with the name of the hotel,

is it possible that someone put the name of some hotel and numbers online and its a scam? i dont know..

in the last email they sent me also visa application form to fill
JABATAN IMIGRESEN MALAYSIA - BORANG PERMOHONAN VISA - VISA APPLICATION FORM

please help! anyone can advise is that real? what are the normal cos for work permit visa for 2 years?? how can i be sure that is not a scam, hotel is real for sure, but maybe someone just put it online advertisment and fake informations..? i dont know..

i addmit that they are rquire send a money via moneygram
i sent a money via moneygram, and they gave me details to send and the adress of the hotel is the same like real, but i couldnt find online person which receive the money..

please let me know what you think about it? they are require send a money next few days, and i should come for the few weeks..

Let put it this way. No one should have to pay to work.

I don't think it can be trusted.

It would be better that you go to confirm with that hotel personally (if you can).

A multi-million dollars Hotel cannot afford to pay 2K for a valuable employee? Doesn't add up right? Be careful of your hard earn money.

haha... Why do people need to find a job? They need money, right? Then why any company wants to ask money from the employee??? You can tell them, just FU#%@&$ deduct that amount from the first month salary. Let's see how that guy comes back to you..

This is definately a scam. This scam was published somewhat 4 to 5 months ago in locall malaysian newspapers. Dont fall for it and please report this matter to the relevant malaysian authorities, atleast many others out there will be aware of such scams taking place here.

Ramkumar78 wrote:

This is definately a scam. This scam was published somewhat 4 to 5 months ago in locall malaysian newspapers. Dont fall for it and please report this matter to the relevant malaysian authorities, atleast many others out there will be aware of such scams taking place here.

Great suggestions. Hopefully no one else fell into this scam. Those suckers should be in jail plus a huge fine to cover those that they have scammed.

Scam...you have already lost the money you paid.

Don't believe us?  Call the hotel directly and ask to speak to their Human Resources director.

Hi,

thank you so much for your suggestions, too bad that i spent already USD500, but its better now than later. I have a question do anybody have some ideas who i should inform about that? malaysian embassy in philippines? or in malasia? or polish embassy? or maybe some bureau? Please advise. Im keeping still contact with this fake employer. Im so suprised because im very careful person always and they chest me anyway. Everything looks very professional and they kept contact with me for 2 weeks and they ask about money in the end. i saw some warnings during this process but i was blind by money and possibility to wiork at the nice place. For future this what i saw: the company have n interview via cellphone not video skype, intervew was very short, email is fake, all names and hotel is real, but next time i should check the hotel more, because they have info at their website about scam recruitment.

thank you for help anyway. im so silly :/

You can report it to the Malaysian police, for all the good it will do.

You won't get your money back...and chances are the Malaysian Police won't do much about it, but you should tell someone.

Tell your own Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as well.

Sorry to hear you got scammed...glad you didn't lose more than you did.