What is the best age difference for marriage?

Age is immaterial if they both get along with each other.

You are wise beyond your years!I will be 70 this month(Aug)and my soon to be wife is 22.We have a few problems but nothing out of the ordinary.Here in the Philippines there is hardly notice of it.

For me the age difference is 37 years, I've recently turned 64 and my wife will soon be 28. Like realdeal43 pointed out there will always be a few tiny problems, but they aren't unusual and generally speaking they're not problems for my wife and I, but rather problems for some narrow minded or simply unthinking individual who in most cases I don't even know and will likely never run across again. Here in Brazil age difference in marriages hardly causes a tiny ripple in the pond too. What is most important in a relationship is that both partners are happy, respect and trust one another and that they both benefit equally from that relationship. Once the younger member of the relationship has reached legal age of majority any age difference becomes a mute point IMHO.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

wjwoodward wrote:

Once the younger member of the relationship has reached legal age of majority any age difference becomes a mute point IMHO.

Is it a mute point because you never listen to her or is it moot.

ahh Hailey have you become a nit picker?

well a girl should be younger by 2-4 years , else she wl look a daugther than a wife lol

hamzaali wrote:

well a girl should be younger by 2-4 years , else she wl look a daugther than a wife lol

If the wife is 10 years older she'll look like her husband's daughter?

I liked what you've wrote in this blog.
I agree with you.
cheers

My eldest daughter from my first marriage is 2 years younger than my present wife.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
hamzaali wrote:

If the wife is 10 years older she'll look like her husband's daughter?

What I mean to say is shdnt be too younger , some men marry even 10 years younger. Well now u tell me what she wl look if she is 10 years older :)

hamzaali wrote:

What I mean to say is shdnt be too younger , some men marry even 10 years younger. Well now u tell me what she wl look if she is 10 years older :)

I can't tell you how people appear to you according to your prejudices.

indianmen47 wrote:

Age matter is not a problem the problem is when your boyfriend became older then your boyfriend becomes shaky and cant tolerate if you talk with someone who is almost near to your age. and another matter if you think it is not a problem for you then there is no problem. afterall everything depends on two hearts.

I don't mean to sound mean, but you're an English teacher?

Not the brightest bulb, I would say ...

I'm older than my husband. DO NOT listen to anyone but your heart. Age does not matter. The key is to love wholeheartedly and communicate. I wish you luck.
;)

:kiss::dumbom::heart:

beemelissa wrote:

DO NOT listen to anyone but your heart.

What if your heart tells you not to listen to that?

What we say is "Love is blind", so it doesn't matter what is the age difference. But the thing that matters is the freshness of love and understanding between the two. Pros and cons are part of everything in this world. If the age difference is much, then the only con is the possibility of loss :( of the elder one, but be optimistic. If understanding is more and love is ture then nothing bad can ever happen!

If you ask such a question it bothers you and it can easily eat away at a relationship and destroy it.  If you don't notice any difference and don't suddenly think a thought such as - oh his body is not that attractive - or his hair is making him look old - then the relationship is deeper and may survive the ravages of time....

Follow your heart :)

Age difference doesn't matter as long as your bond is strong enough. Love has no limits.

Hi All,

The best age difference is of 5 years between man and woman,If woman is 30 man should be 25 because if they both are of same age then husband will die 5 years before so wife will be widowed for another 5 years,so whenever planning to marry then marry a elder woman 5 years more then you then there will be no problem ,live together and die together........

regards,
anil

anil kumar tiwari wrote:

Hi All,

The best age difference is of 5 years between man and woman,If woman is 30 man should be 25 because if they both are of same age then husband will die 5 years before so wife will be widowed for another 5 years,so whenever planning to marry then marry a elder woman 5 years more then you then there will be no problem ,live together and die together........

regards,
anil

:blink::blink::blink:

age is just a number, but i do believe you both have some of the same likes for it to work also.Mark

anil kumar tiwari wrote:

Hi All,

regards,
anil

I never realized that everyone dies at the same age.

I dont know if age matters either i was married to a woman that was 13 years older than me until she passed away and at thatime we had been married 29 years. 

David1946

when you feel loneliness and unhappy then you should to get marriage .but the best age for girls is 19 to 25 then she can understand you and can adjust in new atmosphere and flexible ,milo can be.

mahaahmed wrote:

when you feel loneliness and unhappy then you should to get marriage .but the best age for girls is 19 to 25 then she can understand you and can adjust in new atmosphere and flexible ,milo can be.

I don't know who Milo is, but there's a serious flaw in your formula.

I also have to wonder why only younger women can understand their husbands.

And why the women have to adjust to a new atmosphere.

haulyinhongkonh ,
I wrote about girls that they are milo in this age ( she shows about a girl )
a girl can understand , new atmosphere  mean new relationships with their in laws ,cause always girl leave their family and
goes to him ( her husband )
thanks

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
anil kumar tiwari wrote:

Hi All,

regards,
anil

I never realized that everyone dies at the same age.

I have not said that everybody dies at the same age but as a point of husband and wife (male and female)if they live together and die together then they live happily and dead happily.

mahaahmed wrote:

haulyinhongkonh ,
I wrote about girls that they are milo in this age ( she shows about a girl )
a girl can understand , new atmosphere  mean new relationships with their in laws ,cause always girl leave their family and
goes to him ( her husband )
thanks

You have a rather strange - and in our modern world thankfully mostly obsolete (except in a few backward societies) - idea of the role of women in society.

anil kumar tiwari wrote:

The best age difference is of 5 years between man and woman,If woman is 30 man should be 25 because if they both are of same age then husband will die 5 years before

anil kumar tiwari wrote:

I have not said that everybody dies at the same age but as a point of husband and wife (male and female)if they live together and die together then they live happily and dead happily.

beppi wrote:

You have a rather strange - and in our modern world thankfully mostly obsolete (except in a few backward societies) - idea of the role of women in society.

You keep forgetting that this is a 9th century tribal village.

And why must it be no more than 5 years ???

That's obvious.  Because he said so.

Aaahhh how silly of me :lol:

Well, given that Brazilian actor Francisco Couco has a wife, Thais Rodrigues, who is 53 years younger than he is; and that Brazilian Vice-President Michel Temer's wife Thais is 42 years his junior... I guess that I'm doing ok with a wife 37 years younger than I am!

Here in Brazil vast age differences hardly raise an eyebrow. Real love doesn't come with a calendar in hand. If both partners are over the age of majority what difference does it really make how many years separate their ages?

Well I think the age gap should not be more that 12 years, if you are marrying someone you are 30 years older than, then you are more likely to make that person an early widow/widower.

Another aspect is sexual energy, like it or not it is not possible for a 60 year old to have the same energy as a 30 year old, one may end up depriving the partner or over exerting oneself in order to meet up with the demand of the partner, older men often resort to enhancing drugs and even surgeries to meet up with their partners, so does the older women, at the end of the day they face the repercussions later.

I don't wish to sound cruel, but its better go 'grow old together' with your partner

The matter is, she passed on and made you an early widower, perhaps if she was younger she would have lived longer..

David1946 wrote:

I dont know if age matters either i was married to a woman that was 13 years older than me until she passed away and at thatime we had been married 29 years. 

David1946

The matter is she passed on and made you an early widower, perhaps if she was younger she could have lived younger

Missy158 wrote:

Well I think the age gap should not be more that 12 years...

Another aspect is sexual energy, like it or not it is not possible for a 60 year old to have the same energy as a 30 year old, one may end up depriving the partner or over exerting oneself in order to meet up with the demand of the partner, older men often resort to enhancing drugs and even surgeries to meet up with their partners, so does the older women, at the end of the day they face the repercussions later.

I don't wish to sound cruel, but its better go 'grow old together' with your partner

I couldn't disagree with you more. Your blanket statement that it is not possible for someone who is 60 to have the same energy as someone who is 30 is not only absurd, but has no basis in medical or scientific facts. There are many people in their 60s who are more energetic.

I'm 64 and my wife is 28, I'm more energetic in every possible way that you can think of than she will ever be. One's energy level depends on the amount and type of activities they are normally used to.

I can assure you that I'm more physically active and energetic than most people half my age, and I don't take any kind of 'enhancing' drugs. Better go back and take another look at your belief system, seems a little off to me.

Cheers,
William James Woodward

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR