Mobile internet in NL

Hi everyone,

I'm soon coming to the Hague for an internship at one of the international organizations for a few months.

I want to get a prepaid mobile internet package so I can communicate with my long-term girlfriend via viber or skype when I'm out and about, however I cant find any good mobile internet packages.

I've looked at the websites of all the 4 telecom operators and from what I could see through google translate all the offers are incredibly poor.

In Sweden I had 1 gb per month for 5 Euro with 6 mb/s speed, while In NL all the speeds are very low and the packages expensive, around 15-20 or more euro per month. Even T-Mobile Montenegro has 1 gb per month for 5 euro.

Am I missing something (maybe I looked at the wrong part of the sites) and are there any good mobile internet packages you can get with a prepaid card?

I'd need around 500 mb to 1 gb per month, for as cheap as possible since I am an unpaid intern.

Thanks your your help :)

Hi Z61, welcome!

I wouldn't mind looking more closely at the packages you mentioned, but I don't have the time to look them up. If you could link them, I'd be happy to clarify any questions and offer insight in what they're actually offering.

There are a LOT more than 4 mobile phone providers btw, so you may find a satisfactory package with one you haven't examined. :)

I'm not sure this website has an english version, but it does offer ways to compare some of the providers and packages.
http://www.mobielinternetbestellen.nl/

Good luck and let us know what you find! :)

-Lisa