ESL SAUDI

Hi All

I am new to these forum business, I just wanted to ask a few questions about working as a ESL teacher in KSA.

1. What is the average salary for teacher with two years of ESL experince.

2. If you wanted your own transport not company provded pick ups and drop off, what is attainable on a SAR1000 monthly transport allowance bearing in mind that contract is a renewable one year contract. Have any ESL teachers ever applied for car finance.

3. Is 2500SAR housing allowance enough for a fully furnished two bed apartment in Riyadh Olaya and surrounding areas.

How is the working enviroment their for a male teacher, is their any must bring items to take. Feel free to add any comments that one should look into apart from obvious like no alcohol etc.

dessert wrote:

How is the working enviroment their for a male teacher, is their any must bring items to take. Feel free to add any comments that one should look into apart from obvious like no alcohol etc.

Not to be a twit, but your first order of business is to learn the difference between 'their' and 'there' if you intend to teach English.

hahahahah

@alliecat. That was mean- it could have been his spellchecker at fault :dumbom:

Salaries and benefits can vary greatly depending on the employer as well as your academic credentials and relevant teaching experience.  Your best bet is to do an Internet search on tefl jobs saudi to check out job ads for a sense of what your qualifications might get you.  Frankly, you really won't know how much you'd earn unless you apply for TEFL opportunities, get interviewed, and possibly receive a job offer.

1maxboss wrote:

@alliecat. That was mean- it could have been his spellchecker at fault :dumbom:

I would NEVER have said that to anybody else (check my posts, I never ever point out grammatical issues) but for somebody who teaches English, I just did him a favor.  If he is counting on spellchecker, he should know better.

smurfette wrote:

Salaries and benefits can vary greatly depending on the employer as well as your academic credentials and relevant teaching experience.  Your best bet is to do an Internet search on tefl jobs saudi to check out job ads for a sense of what your qualifications might get you.  Frankly, you really won't know how much you'd earn unless you apply for TEFL opportunities, get interviewed, and possibly receive a job offer.

And you're right,smurfette. The thing is, recruiters are oftentimes offering the same job at the same place but the amount they 'skim' varies so a potential client should check all of them and compare what they offer.

Alliecat wrote:
dessert wrote:

Not to be a twit, but your first order of business is to learn the difference between 'their' and 'there' if you intend to teach English.

Typo error?! :D