Big Band musician wanted!!

My name is Julian Diaz.  I'm the lead trumpet in the Canry Islands Big band.  I've been wanting to form a big band made up of expats from England  and whoever else is available!  The idea is to do a "rehearsal band" like many back home in England and be able to meet once or twice a month just to play some good music.  If this can be done in the surrounds of a nice bar or hotel where we can all have a drink, then even better!
I have a few of my friends fromthe Canary Islands big band, but I need trumpet, trombone, saxophone players and piano bass and drums. We would be playing the music of Count basie, Buddy Rich, Stan Kenton, Bob Florence and many more.  I have over a thousand top notch arrangements.  Drop me a line and let's get this thing rolling!
Cheers.

Julian

Hi Julian,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I hope you will find contacts very soon. You may also post an advert in the Canary Islands classifieds.

Best of luck,
Christine

Thanks Christine!

Hi Julian,
My name is Gavin , am currently living in UK. Trying to sell up and re-locate to the Canary Isles. If I was there now, I would love to audition as a drummer for your new band. I have only been playing about 6 years, but very keen on Latin American, Swing etc. I do enjoy Blues and Rock as well...
  I am trying to find work on one of the islands, ( I do carpentry, Hotel maintenance, painting etc) but dont know who I can speak to.
  Well best of luck hope you find someone ( I am about to sell a very good set of Tama Superstar Hyperdrive drums as I have no where to set up and play, and I really want to get back to hot weather, sailing  and music !!!!
Best regards Gavin Reid