Me again!

Hi guys
The big move should be happening in 6 weeks and I'm starting work in 7 weeks...still not sure where we're going to live. I'm thinking we need to spend a few days on a property hunt as soon as we arrive but I'm not sure where we're going to stay til we find somewhere? I could book a hotel but but I'm thinking maybe a short term fully furnished apartment (cheap) would take the pressure off. Any ideas greatly appreciated!
Olivier...I'm banking on your pearls of wisdom here :D ( you too Naif!):P
Thanks
Nicola

Hello Nicola.

Have you tried to post an advert in the housing in Manama section? It might help. :)

Wish you all the best in your move,
Aurélie

Hi Nicola,

Try
expatriates.com/classifieds/bhr/vr/

This section lists short term rentals which could give you enough time to find a decent place that suits your need.

I am not very sure, but do check if your ex can live with you. He might have to find his own accomodation, but I am not too sure.

Let me know how it's going.

Cheers

Thanks, I'll look into it.
Cheers
Nicola

You are most welcome Nicola.

What sector will you be working in?

Where will your office be? Do you drive / have driving license? I don't drive and don't have a driving license and I can see this is going to be a biiig problem in Bahrain having been here for more than a week now.

There are many hotels and hotel apartments all over Bahrain where they can offer you daily, weekly and monthly rentals while hunting for accommodation in Bahrain.

I can't recommend a certain place but I know some friends who makes such deals with some hotels in Juffair.

Since you are new to the island, I would suggest you secure a hotel booking for the first few days in Bahrain to have the chance to go around and see other places either for short lease or for long lease.

All the best :)

Regards,

Thanks, I've just been looking at hotels and found some quite reasonable  priced which is good.
Yes I drive Brightonguy, I got my international permit last week which I think, along with my uk licence, let's me drive our there.
Thanks
Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Sorry I just caught your message now...
You see pearls of wisdom are everywhere here...
I'm not needed anymore :D

BTW do you know that Bahrain used to be a huge center of production for pearls ?
Bahrain's nickname in the Gulf is "Al lulu al khaleej" which means 'The pearl of the Gulf"...

Enjoy your move !

Cheers

Olivier

I know all about Bahrain... Think I've read every single piece of literature ever written on the country.. That's how boring I am! Haha
Thanks

Olivier-France wrote:

Hi Nicola,

Sorry I just caught your message now...
You see pearls of wisdom are everywhere here...
I'm not needed anymore :D

BTW do you know that Bahrain used to be a huge center of production for pearls ?
Bahrain's nickname in the Gulf is "Al lulu al khaleej" which means 'The pearl of the Gulf"...

Enjoy your move !

Cheers

Olivier

Ah, So LULU means pearl, I always wondered why call a supermarket LULU...

BTW Nicola, Lulu is a popular super/hyper-market

bahrain.luluhypermarket.com/

Cheers