Questions about admittance & working if moving with a UK citizen

Haven't found this addressed yet; if I'm slack and missed it, please direct me to the existing post!

I'm planning on moving to the UK in the next few years; my better half is a returning UK citizen. We've been together for 5 years, but aren't legally married; can he sponsor me, or do I need to get everything in order as if I were immigrating solo?

Also, here in the US many employers use personal credit checks as an indicator of character. I'm on the "high risk" list because I lost my job (and subsequently my house) eight years ago. Will that count against me in the UK as far as getting a work permit or job? I have no credit debt and no other points against me, just the foreclosure.

Thanks & have an easy day!

Hello,

Yes you definately need a visa before moving to the UK.
You should be able to get a civil partner visa if you have been living together for at least 2 years (and can prove it with bills statements,etc,...)

See here : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn … lpartners/

Your credit score doesn't apply to the Uk , your husband will have to prove that he has enough funds to sponsor you. The good thing is that your credit score doesn't follow you here but the bad thing is that when you get here you have no credit score so you need to build it up (so it can be difficult to get a credit card,etc....)

Thanx muchly for the link - someone had mentioned something like that to me, but I was looking for details in the wrong places.

I'm working on adding a certification to my resume that should make me more marketable over there, but I'd hate to have to go through an employer sponsorship just to be able to move at all.

Going to check out your site; I'm a fossil digger, and this is nice stuff!

Have an easy day,
Snooze

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Portable Weirdness Etsy Store!