Born in Malta & have British Passport, need advice please ........

Hi all,
I am so pleased to have found this site! Such a lot of usefull info.
I am planning to return to Malta near the end of the year. I was born and lived in Malta for 4 years as my father was posted there. I have a British Passport and could do with any advice regarding Maltese requirements for living and working. I understood that EU rules allow me to do both easily? My partner and 15year old son will be with me. (Both have British Passports.)

Hi lillies,

welcome to the forum.

With British passports you will have no problems with work or visa requirements.

All you need is to find a decent job -))))

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky,
Thanks! Yeah, job hunting could be fun. I've been checking out vacancies. Am thinking about self employment. I need to get hold of some CD's to learn Maltese - any recommendations?
Thanks ;)

Yeah ! -)))

might not be worth investing the money and time ! Maltese is not that easy .... you can take Maltese for foreigners lessons when you are here.

Bonju and mela is enough Maltese for the start.

What kind of work are you looking for?

Cheers
Ricky

I am a podiatrist and beauty therapist and my partner is a joiner/property developer. We are keen to set up our own businesses. We are currently in Australia working on contract and counting the days till we can leave. We are hoping that being sole traders wont be too complicated in Malta. Is the fact that I was born in Malta going to be helpful?

"Is the fact that I was born in Malta going to be helpful?" in a word, no.

Being an EU citizen is the key

OK, thanks :)