Friday Afternoon Game Day (What to do Next?)

It has been over 4 weeks since I started this.  People say they will come, but no one ever does. I have advertised in all the local forums and the Women's Skills Bureau and no one still shows up. I have tried changing locations.  Still no one shows up. I can't afford to spend 250 Riyals not including cab fare to the evnts every weekend. What is it going to take to get people out.  Should I change the day, the time?

Dude, the guys on here alway talk about meeting I'm not actually sure how many actually do, a lot of the threads they start just die out. The women do meet but I don't know how keen they would be if they thought they may be going alone.

Why don't you start with something a little more simple like just posting when you will be heading somewhere for your own purpose. Theres no point you spending ll that money on the hope people turn up.

What games are you doing anyway? I haven't paid much attention to the sites of late. I know Arab Investment used to have touch rugby on Friday's why don't you try and get into this kind of thing and then ask others to join in or make a new team perhaps.

Risk, Scrabble Uno, Backgammon and cards.

Hi there!  I've admired your attempts to initiate something here instead of whining like so many that there's nothing to do. 

Lou is right.  Just do something you enjoy and post in the AM where you'll be.  If people join you, GREAT.  If not, well, you were going to do it anyway.

Best of luck!

iamthere wrote:

It has been over 4 weeks since I started this.  People say they will come, but no one ever does. I have advertised in all the local forums and the Women's Skills Bureau and no one still shows up. I have tried changing locations.  Still no one shows up. I can't afford to spend 250 Riyals not including cab fare to the evnts every weekend. What is it going to take to get people out.  Should I change the day, the time?

You are up against other established activites on a Friday PM like 300 people going off hashing, lazy afternoon pool days etc.
I admire your endeavours but the idea of an all blokes games afternoon obviously doesn,t appeal, when bikinis poolside and short pants and crop tops are on view, conversation with members of the opposite sex when working in an all male environment all week is something to look forward to.
Sorry but thats the way I feel and I suspect/know many others do to.

How do I get invited to those activities?

iamthere wrote:

How do I get invited to those activities?

PM me and I will let you know how to get to the hash.
Al

I'd love to  play scrabble during weekends. Unfortunately, I can't travel to Riyadh to do that :)

HI.. i would have joined you if i was in riyadh. i can recon some friends of mine so they would join you soon.

I just arrived in Riyadh and very interested in such weekend activities