Need a little bit of advice please people!!

Hey all

Im Irish living in Brisbane okay so Its kinda complicated but Im currently here under a 457 visa, my ex boyfriend is also under this visa.  We broke up, kept him under the visa just coz we came over, history and mostly coz how hard it is for people to stay and im aa nurse and he doeasnt have a qualification. Well now i want to try just get residency because i am sick of been tied to the one job and i just hate feeling trapped.  I want to apply for residency buts getting complicated and hard.  I have an australian boyf who iv been with for 6 months so going defacto with him isnt even anoption coz technically in the eyes of DIAC i am in  relationship.  I dont want to screw my ex over but if i apply for another visa and his name is not on it, does not automatically make his visa void?? if im not makinmg sense just ask me questions! seriously stressed lil leitrim girl!!

Hi Clanc86,

I think the cancellation of your ex's 457 visa would be void once you are granted the PR visa. But I don't think it will necessarily do it automatically. Just because you still have to have your 457 to be valid. Since you are in Brisbane, my suggestion is for you to visit a Dept of Immigration & Citizenship  office in Brisbane. It's best to get the correction information from them :  http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/australia/