Can I make the move on my own??

Hi, I have been thinking about emigrating for a long time...sick of grey miserable UK...and I really like the look of Sydney...beaches look amazing!!! I am just scared about making the move on my own and not knowing anyone out there!! I have planned a 6 day visit to Sydney at the end of April to have a look around....I just keep thinking life is too short....but would appreciate how other people found the move and how they coped?? I'm 26 and don't think I would struggle to get a visa because my job is on the skilled jobs list!!! Thanks xxxxx

Hi Natalie,

Many people have made the move in their own without knowing anyone.

After your visit in April, when would you plan to move to Australia? Have you checked out Australia's Dept of Immigration and Citizenship website immi.gov.com ?

The skilled migration program has major changes being implemented in July 2012. It's called SkillSet http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Natalie_26 wrote:

Hi, I have been thinking about emigrating for a long time...sick of grey miserable UK...and I really like the look of Sydney...beaches look amazing!!! I am just scared about making the move on my own and not knowing anyone out there!! I have planned a 6 day visit to Sydney at the end of April to have a look around....I just keep thinking life is too short....but would appreciate how other people found the move and how they coped?? I'm 26 and don't think I would struggle to get a visa because my job is on the skilled jobs list!!! Thanks xxxxx

Hey Nat

once you come to oz you would be fine, as on a first year visa you will find lots of people, travelers alike and make lots of friends .... accommodation is very easy to find and jobs are also pretty easy to get once your hear...
I came to oz over 4 years ago and am still here,,,, don't think about it just do it ,,,, any questions feel free to ask..

Cheers Eoin

Hello,
I'm French, 28 years old and i'll be in Australia for one year on my own the next Wednesday.
It's a real adventure for me cause i know nobody over there.

If you have some informations about Sydney it would be nice.
Thx
Misstyty

yes i think you can move on your own if you will take with you enough money ....

I moved on my own last year, I'm still here... You will love it,,,, when do you get here? I must say, it does get lonely at times though!