Looking for somewhere nice to live!

Hi,

I arrive in Malta this week (to start a job) and have two weeks to find a flat to rent. Having not been to Malta before I have being doing some research and have decided to look at Sliema, Gzira, Tax Biex, Msida, Birkirkara (or close to these areas). Are these areas all the same in terms of prices or does it just depend on the property itself? Are some of them nicer than others? Do some areas have more traffic than others? I think I want to avoid the real touristy areas which I believe is mainly St.Julians. Any opinions gratefully received.

thanks

Dan

My Boyfriend has told me that Gzira is where the 'working girls' are situated and is very dirty- he lives in Xghajra in the South

thanks, I may have to go and investigate just to make sure ;)

Hi Dan

we are renting an apartment in gharghur which is not far from the areas you mention although i dont know what they are like to live in i do know that sliema and birkirkara are very busy traffic wise and have lots of shops. When we were looking we found sliema too expensive for our budget but no more expensive than the uk to rent. i think it depends what you are looking for and what you want on your doorstep.

good luck house hunting

melissa

Found a place in T-Ibragg. Really nice area, less busy than Siliema and other central areas. Still on the pricey side, but I had to decide quite quickly. Didn't really have the chance to get to know alot of the areas in and around Valetta.

thanks

Dan