Doing business in Libya

Hi,

are foreign investors welcome in Libya?

Is it complicated to register a company in Libya? What is the procedure?

What is the corporate tax rate in Libya?

Is it easy to recruit?

Any advice you would share with us?

Thank you very much for your participation,

Julien

got you some answers:

are foreign investors welcome in Libya?
yes they are, however it depends what are you doing.

Is it complicated to register a company in Libya? What is the procedure?
now pretty much unclear, everything can change as the new government go on every aspect in the state.

What is the corporate tax rate in Libya?
I don't know.

Is it easy to recruit?
if you have good connections to help you.

Any advice you would share with us?
be patient, stuff can be done but not as fast as you expect.

hi, i have my contacts who could easily set u up and sort out everything you need to set up business but what would be in it for me?

All depends on the kind of investment or buisness. 
The best way to start your buisness in Libya is to make a joint venture with a Libyan company.
But you have to be careful in choosing the right partner.

clare-elemam wrote:

hi, i have my contacts who could easily set u up and sort out everything you need to set up business but what would be in it for me?

Ha,ha ! That's fantastic. Welcome to the new Libya

Flasher wrote:
clare-elemam wrote:

Ha,ha ! That's fantastic. Welcome to the new Libya

That's life buddy. I don't see how that attitude is specific to Libya, "new" or not.

i am in the uk and british to everyone who commented on my post, just like everyone else i work hard and do it for my children, its not bad, but why should i help for free, nothing is free in this life and you have to grab everything with open arms and sieze opportunities when you can.

and just so you know i am helping the above with their visa problem.

contact tripoli business center

Hello is easy to complete the formation of companies and Procedures taxes amounts to a simple condition I was there I have a thought of you a citizen of the Libyan citizen I can to help,

thanks for your posts !

Hi Julien,

Reference your last post for information - are you still looking for replies or have your questions been answered ?

Kind Regards

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis,

You can also share your experience with us. ;)

Hi Phyllis,

the more answers we get, the better ;)

Well sure all the above contributors are well informed but connections is how it goes here and specially now.

Can get your company registered in 3 days, have previous experience in doing such stuff. Drop me PM and with the exact details of what you are looking to do. Been in this country for 17 years in total. 

My cell no is 00218924323352

Imran Ayub wrote:

Well sure all the above contributors are well informed but connections is how it goes here and specially now.

Can get your company registered in 3 days, have previous experience in doing such stuff. Drop me PM and with the exact details of what you are looking to do. Been in this country for 17 years in total. 

My cell no is 00218924323352

And I think you will be leaving this country very soon.

Julian and co.,

you probably could open up a business but why would you want to? Its going to be money down the drain. You do not open businesses in unstable places. Things can turn for the worse overnight or in a matter of hours. In order to open and operate a business in a western capitalist model, you need good infrastructure educated local workforce, stable government and a stable state. Hence why multi national's operate in some Latin American countries more than others. Stable states and governments can sometimes be waited upon but the others no so.

you also would want to wait and watch what and how the elections will turn out. There is a chance the people will vote very very conservative which will have a very big impact on foreign  SMB owners.

An interesting post douglas 1969.  You are advising people not to come to Libya yet, but they should wait and see how things turns out.
I am sure all the opportunities that are available will wait till then. 
Thanks for the advise.

I miss you guy's you make me smile.... Come to PNG... The forums as boring as hell

Douglas1969,

You need to come out of your little place in Scarborough Ont. and come and see the new libya, you have no clue on how libya is going and never had. People have too much confidence and more open to business I personally dont wana be anywhere else! libya is doing very well, now is the time to invest in libya cuz in a little while people like you wont be able to buy a garbage can in libya.

Mo_marrakech wrote:

Douglas1969,

You need to come out of your little place in Scarborough Ont. and come and see the new libya, you have no clue on how libya is going and never had. People have too much confidence and more open to business I personally dont wana be anywhere else! libya is doing very well, now is the time to invest in libya cuz in a little while people like you wont be able to buy a garbage can in libya.

interesting analogy. Btw I think that Scarborough got amalgamated into the GTA 5 years ago.. So they are actually all Toronto now.

I think I know what you are hoping for, a western Libya but I don't think its going to happen. Libya is not going to change that much. Its actually looking like it might become a lot more strict and Islamic.

am Libyan nationality workaholic guy from Tripoli libya have good connections to parts of the NTC "new Libyan government" contact me for more information

I guess it is a good time for new business here only if you are an opportunist trying to grab something and run away later.
I am working for a Libyan construction company, we have several jobs ongoing for privates, but this just turns the wheel for the moment.
Whatever you might say, this is a new country, and rules change day by day, and I expect it to be like this for a while, at least unless there is an elected government in action.
But there is no harm in visiting the country, meeting with professionals from the same line of business, even setting up a small office. For sure, there will be business for all professionals in the near future, and it might be good thinking to start the connections right now.
As for the visas, just consult Libyan tourism agencies, many available via internet search, Libtra for instance. They arrange from visas to accommodation.
The only sad thing is to see corruption is still present, and twice compared to previous.

Magnayapi, welcome to the forum and thank you for your frank discussion about the current situation.  It is far better for everyone if businesses are informed of some of the challenges that one may encounter.  Too many unexpected surprises may lead to a very unpleasant experience and this inturn will have a negative impact on future investment.  If you know what you are going into you can prepare for it.  Cheers!

Bluejay, thanks for the welcome note.
Considering the budget has been approved, things may start to move. At least, I hope that.

Hi All

Libya will be good place for business because every thing need rebuilding every thing!! the brutal regime of gaddafi left the country in a mess in every  aspect  you name it!!

Libya has a very good opportunities,at the moment Libyan busy with  serious issues like disarming reconciliation and election .

I don't like  some unprofessional comment and answers    like what will i get out of it or I have connation with the NTC!!! no more of this please this remind us of the brutal regime of gaddafi(shfshofa)

I you are looking to invest in Libya you are  welcome

to register a company you have to contact a lawyer it shouldn't take more then 10 days

for investors we have a very good Beru of investment you can benefit of 10 years tax free and more .

jerrari wrote:

Hi All

every thing need rebuilding every thing!! the brutal regime of gaddafi left the country

I believe more than one side used bombs during the war. NATO and EU countries should come up with the money to finance and pay for the rebuilding.