Fuel costs

With gasoline getting outragously high here in the states, I have to ask- what does regular unleaded (if available in that grade) go for in your country?

As of August 31st before I went to bed regular unleaded was going for $2.999 USD/US Gallon.  That equates to about 79.2 cents per liter.

What about you guys?

Prices move everyday. And it almost never goes down!

I didn't drive that much those last months -I use public transportation in Madrid- so I didn't really realize the increase ... But I just got my car back now and I'll have a look to the prices

As reported today (http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content=ne … &id=347972), just hit 130yen per litre (liter).

I happen to think that prices are not outrageously high as well. I admit, that the rate of increase in the US is pretty scary... but I believe fuel has been too cheap for too long in the US, resulting in huge car dependance and not enough investment into the public transport system.

US prices will get higher soon as well, as the damage caused by Hurricane Katrina becomes more apparent. The refineries and fields damaged apparently provide the US with 25% of their oil requirements!!! No wonder the go-ahead was given to dip into the strategic reserves. If they didn't, prices would go through the roof trigging global recession (when America sneezes, the rest of the world gets a cold). Actually, if the damage is as bad as it's starting to sound, it could trigger global recession anyway.

cactus jack wrote:

That equates to about 79.2 cents per liter.
What about you guys?

1,35 CAD for a liter. People get mad!

When I was in France for vacations this summer, it was higher! 1,30 euros per liter. That means 1,80 Canadian dollars per a liter.

I guess Toyota will sell many Prius this automn in Quebec!

cactus jack wrote:

As of August 31st before I went to bed regular unleaded was going for $2.999 USD/US Gallon.  That equates to about 79.2 cents per liter.

What about you guys?

So it's half price than in Europe...

$3.099 as of this morning.  Expected to increase another dollar within a week.

today in Italy ... it is 1.30 € / liter = 1.58 $/liter !
last week in France, we could find 1.50 €/liter= 1.82 $/liter !!

How did you ever find an 8 year old topic?  What page was it on?

This thread is dated 2005. :blink:

Sorry but I'm closing it.

Closed

Meet expats all over the world

OR