NOC, visa, documents!!!

Hi all.

I have been offered a teaching position in Kuwait. I have been asked to do the following: (I have underlined my understanding of these by each one but please correct me if I am wrong!)

A.       The  documents  you have sent across has helped us shortlist you and would be needed by us to get you an Temporary Private Education certificate from the Education ministry in Kuwait (Will be handled by the Head Office)

B.      After we obtain this we would apply for your Work Permit Visa and send you , ( Will be handled by the Head Office)

·      Once the Work visa received by the you , you must do the following
·      Attestation of certificates (Take these to Kuwait Embassy in London to do)
·      Work visa requires attestation of: Kuwait's Embassy in your  Home Country & Kuwait's Foreign Ministry attestation in your home country as well (I have no idea!).
·      You must check with Kuwait's Embassy at Home Country to proceed with the authentic medical process related to the work visa (Where do I go for this???) .
·      Once you are done with this , kindly send us copy of the duly attested work visa via email.

C  You will be using Work Permit Visa  enter Kuwait , In case of any delay of issuing the work permit due to external factors . ( as a British citizen, you can enter Kuwait on Tourist visa too  on arrival)

D  When you come to Kuwait make sure you have an Valid Police Clearance Certificate/ CRB Check and all  of your  the original documents ( Validity of the CRB  should be not less than 3 months )

E     •    Original Passport.
       •    Original NOC/ Work Visa Duly stamped from Kuwait's Embassy at Home Country &           Kuwait's Foreign Ministry. Along with the medical formalities prescribed by Kuwait Embassy at home country.
       •    Passport Copies; main photo page, new Visa page (if any) and passport extension page (if any).
       •    18 photographs (4*6 sizes, blue background).
       •    Attested Graduate/ Education Certificate (for Graduates).
       •    Experience certificates (except new Graduates).
       •    Police/ Criminal Clearance Certificate attested from Home Country. (Validity for 3 months)
       •    Attested Medical Report from the Home Country.

Now that all sounds very complicated! So I need advice on which type of medical I need and where do I go for that? How much is the document attestation and do I need to only go to the Kuwait Embassy in London or is there more to it than that? And how much would it cost?

Any help at all, no matter how little or how much would be good!

Thanks.

I think SaharEl would be in the best position to assist u mon ami, her being a teacher and all :)

Where is she when you need her?!!!

:one Trace :D muchos gracias!

Here come the questions then!

1. Is that about the right price for a medical and what does it entail? I am a smoker so will that go against me? Would the wife need one as well as she will be coming with me?

2. Do I need a standard CRB check or an enhanced check?

3. Are the passport pics blue background or white background I will need?

3. I am expected to get the medical report, CRB check, work visa and certificates (both my uni degree and PGCE???) attested will it just be one price or will it be priced per document?

4. How do I sort out my driving licence? Do I need to get it translated or just attested or something else?

5. Would I need to get my marriage certificate attested? I am to be married on the 3rd August 2012 and am hoping to leave for Kuwait a bit later on in the month for a September start!

6. Do I need to get the documents legalised by the FCO and then attested by the Kuwait embassy?

7. Have I missed anything???

Thanks Trace.

I went through the same thing about 6 months ago.

I did not have a medical test untill I reached kuwait, so I'm not sure whether its a must.

I didn't have a CRB had some other police clearnce certaficate, because I was in a rush so I paid 75 pounds.

I was told I needed about 20 pics, with a blue back ground, which I ended up paying 30 pounds for and when I got here I was told they where th wrong size and had to take new pix. Only cost me about 1.5 KD which is just over 3pounds.

As for your license just bring it with you and you will get it attested and translated here in a couple of days.
I went through the same thing about 6 months ago.

I did not have a medical test until I reached Kuwait, so I'm not sure whether its a must.

I didn't have a CRB had some other police clearance certificate, because I was in a rush so I paid 75 pounds.

I was told I needed about 20 pics, with a blue back ground, which I ended up paying 30 pounds for and when I got here I was told they where the wrong size and had to take new pix. Only cost me about 1.5 KD which is just over 3pounds.

As for your license just bring it with you and you will get it attested and translated here in a couple of days.

I also got married just before I came here, I did not attest my certificate, because it just has a normal stamp that can not be verified
I also got married just before I came here, I did not attest my certaficate, because it just has a normal stamp that can not be verfied so I just got work to translate it. No one has ever asked me to show it and I moved  house 3 times.

Yes you do need to send all you documents to the FCO