Migrating to quebec

Hi,

We are a couple considering moving to Quebec. We work for the software industry. With very basic knowledge for french, is it ok to move in there ? Is it true that you have be speaking good french to even secure a job in any industry in Quebec ?

Please advice.

It depends where you are planning to settle. Montreal, Gatineau should be destination to consider because you can easily find jobs where English is a must.

I would choose Gatineau...

Thanks Ruthal.. That just confirms what i have been hearing, reading and thinking.

20 years ago, moving to Montreal without speaking French could have been an issue.  No longer holds true!  Most everyone speaks English and French schols are in abundance!  When in Rome....that is my mantra and I speak French as much as I possibly can, but business, computer and tech areas are all English.....

Thanks.. This is helpful

Is it true that you have to produce a french test certificate before applying to quebec?My wife doesn't speak and write french?

Yes. The new rules require to produce a test certificate. Guess it was changed last year.

bonjour mon cher
je viens de m'inscrire sur ce site et je souhaiterai entrer en contact avec toi.car tu es première personne que je contact sur ce site.je suis de nationalité centrafricaine vivant au cameroun ,etudiant en année de master2.je te prie de m'aider pour vraiment maîtriser les rouages de ce site.merci d'avance

HI,

we are also planning for Quebec & according to the new rules updated on 5/12/2011...U must have to submit required level of French language.It varies from applicant to applicant.
So, u must passes required level of French..It will be better to settle there.

yoquebec wrote:

Hi,

We are a couple considering moving to Quebec. We work for the software industry. With very basic knowledge for french, is it ok to move in there ? Is it true that you have be speaking good french to even secure a job in any industry in Quebec ?

Please advice.

Hi samir do ou speak french?Does your wife also?U will have to produce the test certificate that you speak and understand french for a certain level and it's not that easy im stuck now because of that my wife doesn't speak and understand french.Im trying now to find some other ways as may be investor to be in canada

Hi, Am in the process of getting the french test certificate. But my husband doesnt know french at all ? Would that be a problem during selection or visa interview ?