Repatriating to Melbourne .....

After living in Singapore for the past 5 years we now find ourselves relocating back to Melbourne early in 2012....

Repatriating is not easy at anytime, we have done it before. But we find it difficult to communicate with the friends we had before ... no one wants to listen to us talking about "life in Singapore" and yet, thats really all we know right now ...

We need to make a new circle of friends, ones that have traveled, people that have been expats elsewhere or even people living in Melbourne originally from Asia. We relate to this 'group of people' more than we do the friends we have known from years ago that still live in Melbourne.

I think we have a lot to offer with regards friendships, we are caring, friendly and outgoing, helpful and enjoy good company. We like photography, travel, walking, blogging, networking, good food and conversation ...

So why am I writing this here? Well am hoping some one can relate to the above, someone in a similar position perhaps?

Have looked for Facebook groups that could possibly suit .. but cannot seem to locate anything.

Any suggestions for two former Melbournite's to be able to widen the circle of friends?

ciao,  Leone and John

Hi Leone, I'm from Singapore and would not be unhappy to hear your experience of living there! Especially as I was away from Singapore the past 6 years.

Hi there tehtarik ...... for some reason or other I had not noticed your message, so my apologies for not replying sooner!

My husband and I enjoyed Singapore very much, so for us it is going to be a sad day next week when we say goodbye .... but at this moment we are planning a few visits back as soon as we can. But you might be interested in my blog post I did last week:

http://leonefabre.blogspot.com/2012/02/five-years.html

We fly into Melbourne on Saturday Feb 25 and actually moving out to Ballan ... a big difference, a VERY big difference!

Leone

Hi Leone

I'm a S'porean who's just obtained my Oz citizenship.  I travelled a fair bit to Asia, America and Europe for work when i lived in S'pore and miss the 'international' flavour of interacting with others who are well travelled.  Drop me a line and we'll take it from there. cheers, ivy

Greetings Ivy ....

congrats on the Oz Citizenship!

We live out at Ballan (on the way to Ballarat) and only just starting to get used to the colder weather .... nice area though and its a friendly community, which certainly helps.

Happy to make contact, my email is:  leonefabre AT gmail DOT com

cheers,  Leone