Relocating to Melbourne

Hi all,

I`m currently going through the process of getting my visa sorted (my its a drawn out process).

As i`ve some time on my hands to "research" whilst at work, I`m wondering what are the nice areas to live in Melbourne.

There are kind of two scenes I like, the hectic city living with all the bars and trendy night spots, and I also enjoy living in an area where I can enjoy the country, be it by the beach or in the countryside.

Now I know these two arent going to mix, so wondered what sort of areas would give the best of each.

Thanks to anyone who gives this ramble some thought.

Best,

DJP

Hi
I made the move 1 year ago and happily settled in St Kilda. Its got a lively social scene, beaches and Albert Park on your doorstep and transport to the city is easy. It's had a dodgy past but I think that adds character. Elwood/Brighton is a grown up St Kilda and a bit more suburban but v pretty.

If you want more of city & beach thing there's Port Melbourne but its not cheap. Richmond is pure city life and walking distance to the CBD. Great social scene here too. Other northern burbs such as Brunswick & Fitzroy are cool, grungy & laid back.

Ultimately though its easy to get around.