Planning for retirement in Australia

I have just returned to Australia from the UK. I would like to find out how other expats have planned or are planning for retirement. And the best way to transfer my pension and funds, but also leave some funds in the UK. Can anyone help me with this? I would also like to find out about maintaining dual residency, with Australia being my main residence, but leaving things open for the possibility of returning to the UK in the future.

Hi Michele,

Hope you are doing well  :) Welcome to the Expat community.

At the moment, what citizenship do you hold and when did you settle in the Uk and for how long ?

Australia being a member state of the Commonwealth Nations, there might be a bilateral agreement/convention or even a scheme for people in the same situation as yours.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Anoushka

hi Guys,

Just checking if you may have had and response from this post .

Me and my wife are looking into a more permanent arrangement of staying in NSW . We have both income from pension and uk investment ,to able to retire in Australia .We both hold UK passports from birth .We are both over 55

.Our son and daughter  29 and 27 both live in NSW on a bridge visa at the moment .

Can we buy a house ,with out risk of not allowed re entry to Australia or not fresh visa allowed .

regards Neil

@Michele Rowe

Hi Watching this with interest .As we are planning the same .Both our grown up children are in NSW and  we want to help them, with daly life/child care /and to be close to them for weekly events.

@Anou86

watching this thread with interest .

Actively engaged and observing this discussion