Child care in Quebec

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in Quebec ?

How much is daycare in Quebec?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in Quebec you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

Hey,

Quebec has one of the best child care system where it is accessible for everyone. The only thing you have to know is good daycare usually have a very heavy waiting list. Therefore you have to look around a lot.

There are 3 kind of daycares;
CPE which are government supported one. There are inspections and regulations each daycare have to follow therefore it is in good hand.
size: 40-80 children
Fees: 7$/day, the remaining fee the government are paying for.

Private daycare which are entrepreneur open one and manage it them self.
size of the daycare: 30-80 children
Fees: 25$/day to 35$/day but you can get 75% of the fees refund by the government. You can probably get more information once you are sign up for a private daycare, they will be able to guide you how to apply for the application.

Home daycare which are opened by a single mom and operating a daycare from their house.
size of the daycare: 3-8 children
fees: 20$/ day to 30$/day

Personally, CPE daycares are the best. The hardest to get in but the best for the kid. Since the government has strict regulations therefore each daycares has to follow the rules.

If you want to find more info, you can visit the government website:
http://www.mfa.gouv.qc.ca/fr/Pages/index.aspx

Thanks for your contribution mrbobyu!

Harmonie.:)

My pleasure,if you have any unclear things you can always reply to the post. I will try my best to answer your questions. Welcome and good luck  :D

Bob

a question plz
im planning to come to canada to study there for a program of 1year
and im bringing my son with me he is 2
so which daycare sounds best for me
knowing that im sponsoring myslf so i have to find trustful daycare and sheaper still saving money
any help would be highly appreciated
my regards to all