What will motivate you to be an expatriate in a developing countries?

:rolleyes:

really needs your help...
i am doing a project on concerning this issue!

Lack of financial committment as I assume that the wages will be relatively low. A good support network once I arrive. The chance to learn about what is involved before going.

Those are just a few thoughts.

Not only. For countries like my own (Angola), there is so much oil and diamonds popping out like mushrooms that it's unthinkable not having expats in the area!

What will motivate you to be an expatriate in a developing country?

The chance to help others to get a better way of life, I think ... and many other reasons

Hmm... for the most, I doubt about it Julien! :|

I would expatriate to a developing country if I had a job there, it is moderately safe, and there is decent healthcare.  I would do it in order to learn about another culture.

I agree with you CLG, and *I* am from a developping country!!! :|

Yes, it would be nice if we were selfless enough to put others before ourselves but it is not a common occurrence. I would like to experience other cultures and learn more about them but I will not do so until certain other conditions have been fulfilled.

Nothing really..

My husband and I are thinking of moving to a developing country (island) in the Pacific because he has a potential job there for the US govt. He worked overseas before we were married. I've always kind of envied his experience with other cultures and the way he's seen the world. I'd like to travel and experience a new culture. We could save some money while there, but my real reason for wanting to go is the adventure and the experience. My husband's line of work is resource conservation, and I think that would be helpful. I am a school teacher and might volunteer in a school there if we go. Plus, our 2 daughters would learn to value and appreciate other cultures and have a chance to see the world.

Lower prices- so you can have a better standard of living. More respect and a special status from the people. Less regulated and more freedoms in daily life.  Friendlier people in general. Women prettier and more modest with realistic expectations. Healthier mental states of the population. less psychosis/neurosis. Less feminism.

To quote Julian , make life better for others.  my husband and I don't have any bills and already own a farm in Canada. There is no need to acquire anymore. just need to find the opportunity and we'll be there for however long.......who knows, especially if there is no snow..

:rolleyes:

tambok wrote:

Lower prices- so you can have a better standard of living. More respect and a special status from the people. Less regulated and more freedoms in daily life.  Friendlier people in general. Women prettier and more modest with realistic expectations. Healthier mental states of the population. less psychosis/neurosis. Less feminism.

In other words, where a neanderthal might fit in?  :rolleyes:

What is your definition of a developing market?

I have spent 9 of the last 10 years in Eastern Europe.  Does that count?  The prime motivator for us was adventure.  The money was fine but we would have made a lot more by staying put in the US.  I would go pretty much anywhere, but the more dangerous it is (ie more undeveloped) the more $$ or €€ would be necessary.  Once the kids are through uni though, adventure and a desire to help will be the prime motivators again.

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR