Data on Recently Sold Properties (Comps)

Anyone know how to obtain data on recently sold properties in an area? Specifically for the cities of SP and Rio.

I recently spoke to someone at QuintoAndar who told me the governments are releasing this data, but it's not in a very user friendly format. They've been using it to come up with property valuations and also to show buyers how well the property is priced based on recent sales.

I have general data on price per square meter for neighborhoods, but I'm looking for something more specific than that because property values per square meter can often vary a lot even in the same neighborhood.

Anyone know how to obtain data on recently sold properties in an area? Specifically for the cities of SP and Rio.
I recently spoke to someone at QuintoAndar who told me the governments are releasing this data, but it's not in a very user friendly format. They've been using it to come up with property valuations and also to show buyers how well the property is priced based on recent sales.

I have general data on price per square meter for neighborhoods, but I'm looking for something more specific than that because property values per square meter can often vary a lot even in the same neighborhood.

-@guerneca

1.Take anything from people running portals with a big  grain of salt.  They all develop the same cookie cutter and they all data poor as far as analytics go.

2.Data is more accurate in the US because of MLS database, the digital version is MLSPIN portal.  Brokers file in listing, and update data ( sold for, announced price changes ).  By the way, MLS predates the Digital Age.  Long ago, data was held in paper files.

3.The only party here that actually holds accurate data are the Cartorios.  A very fragmented set for sourcing data. Most of closing documents , if not all of them, with pricing paid for, are scanned.  There lies data figures. 

4.I have a certified Appraiser ID, and I myself  can't pin  down a "what is sold for". The standard ABNT compliant appraisaal is entirely based on a few formulas and comps.  It's boilerplate .

5.Inflation and other factors severely limit one's ability to render an accurate and fair transaction price.

6.It's a crap shoot.  Your best comps knee jerk method is to weigh in the comps based on what's being asked for,and then, according to market tendencies ( soft, strong ), figure a haggling percentage ( say 5%, in some very rare  cases 10% ). 

7.Pocket listings and cash deals are very common here. No one in their right mind will disclose this. 

Get used to it. It is how things are done.