Short term rental 3-6 months

Hi - I am looking for the following:

- a short term rental 3-6 months (from August)
- a good sized 1 bedroom
- furnished
- near Moema, Itaim Bibi, Vila Olímpia or Brooklin

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

William
[email protected]

Hi William,

Short-term rentals are extremely rare, if not impossible to find, here in Brazil since recent changes in the rental laws fix rental contracts at 30 months. The way it works, one pays a deposit (ususally 2 months rent) in advance and continues to pay the rent monthly for the first year. Until the end of the twelfth month if you choose to break the lease there is a contractual fine equal to the remaining balance of the first year's rent so that's not advisable. After the twelfth month there is no longer a fine and what one does is give two months (or equal the deposit) of intention to vacate. The landlord uses the deposit paid as the next two months rent and you are free to vacate at the end of that time. Of course you will be responsible for any damage other than normal wear and tear on the apartment, outstanding property taxes (that are always passed on to the tenant), and if the apartment/house/etc., was painted before you take occupancy then you will also need to repaint. Most rentals are handled through realtors and they won't even consider bending the rules because that's how they make their money.

About the only way to find a short-term rental is directly through the property owner. It requires a lot of leg work, since you need to walk or drive through a neighborhood where you would like to live and look for signs that read "Aluga-se trata com proprietário" or the like. Then if you find one you need to hope that MONEY TALKS. You don't stand much of a chance at getting such a deal unless you are willing to pay the full amount of rent for the period you need, or almost all of it in advance. That sweetens the pot considerably and many owners will jump at the chance. You've got to make sure you get some kind of written contract and a receipt for what you have paid in order not to get stung.

If you can't afford to make that kind of offer about the only thing available is either a residential hotel, which is very expensive or a pousada, which is a guesthouse like a B&B but no meals included. You will either have cooking facilities in-room or a communal kitchen.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's pretty difficult here.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

As mentioned by William, through normal channels you will NOT get an apartment.

I am suggesting the following:
Go to AIRBNB.COM, they have a whole range of short-term lets available. Usually Airbnb is for holiday makers and they usually stay about 2-3 days maximum, but I do see a lot of rentals per month. As you will see, the rentals are not going to be cheap. (The whole calculation that William explained on the 30-month lease in factored in and so the price will be a lot higher than your normal rental price.) Hope that you are able to find something that you will like and of which you can accept the price. (Sao Pauli is expensive!)

Cheers,
Kaylen Chan

wibeer:

I work in short-term renal industry for 5 years, its developed more than in many other countries. I work with company that have over a 1000 in offer.

There is around 20 agencies offering rentals between 1 and 12 months, some times without security deposit, in other case 1 rent deposit. You move in at same time you request. They called flats in here.

I recommend youtube "how flat market works in sao paulo" or google "sao paulo flat"

@ sl0wik > Please note that the post of wibeer is quite old and that he is no more searching for an accommodation.

I will also advise you to register your company in the Sao Paulo business directory please.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

I understand but many people might search apartment and have a look on this post so I'm correcting some information ;). I will put my details there as well.

Thanks!

Kaylen you are a real and open hearted person going by your thread statement, can we be friends am Sammy herr is my email address: [email protected].
thank and take care

jaspiroy wrote:

Kaylen you are a real and open hearted person going by your thread statement, can we be friends am Sammy herr is my email address: [email protected].
thank and take care

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Could you please introduce yourself to the forum and give us a little information about yourself. That way members will be more inclined to answer your posts. Please do not give out personal contact details like email addresses or phone numbers on a public forum as this makes you vulnerable to spammers.