Rent a flat or a house in São Paulo

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in São Paulo. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in São Paulo.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in São Paulo?

How to find a home in São Paulo: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi:
my experience......2 month in zap.com.br before come to SP

in 2 weekends i walk 7 hours per day, asking in the nice places....

hard...but...i found a little apartament in a really nice place, not cheap, but cheaper then a flat, directly with landlord....

may be IŽam a lucky man

may be you can try!!!
GOOD LUCK!

ahhh!
forget something!
house hunters & real state agent told me is totally imposible found apartament for xxxxxR$  (my actual rent fee)

Imposible is nothing!

Hi!

My family and I are moving to SP for 16 months starting Jan 2012.
I will be doing my MBA there.

We want to rent an apartamento. We are planning a visit early december to find a place.

I want to make sure I have all necessary paperwork to be able to rent once we find a place.
We are renting this place on our own (not an employer)

Do you know what I need? Someone told me about an insurance (seguro de fiança???)

Thanks for your help!
Sylvie

Hi, sfaria! Yes, you need to pay an insurance that costs from one to three times the price of the rent. For example: If the rent were R$1.000, the insurance will be R$3.000.

I hope it helps!
;-)

You can contact me for further information.

Hi vcsvb and thank you!

WOW 1 to 3 times! Every month? That's crazy!

Is there any way around this?

Where can I get this insurance? With a bank? insurance company or other?

Thanks again for your insight!

oups forgot something ...

Can you confirm if anyother fees will be added on ?

Total will include`
RENT + CONDOMINIO+ IPTU + INSURANCE right? Anythin else i should know about?

Thanks again

Yes. That's it: RENT + CONDOMINIO + IPTU + INSURANCE.
And, no...it's not every month! It's once a year! :D
And you can down payment right at the first month or pay in 5 or more installments.
But there are other options: maybe you can deal directly with the landlord. It's not common but it's possible.
The most important thing about it is that your family have to proove that you have enough money to pay for it. ThatŽs all!
If you proove that you can afford the rent, that's what they want to know.

Thanks! By the way, your english is not bad at all :)

This is the clearest answer I have heard since I have been doing research! Thank you

We will certainly try to rent directly from the landlord ... I find that so far agencies have tried to give me the run around. Especially they tell it is impossible to find an apartment that fits our needs and budget. Meanwhile I have found a few on the internet by myself!

Cheers...

Another wuick question for the group...
I need a place from Jan 2012 to May 2013... what is the standard duration of a lease (if any) in Brasil.

Break clause 3 month (proportionaly, if we leave house after 1 year (in 3 years contract), you need to pay 2 month ...2/3 part of penalty)

Is possible arrange 1 year contract (really free break contract after 12 month )

FLAT
from 1 month to 6 or 12 month. Not easy found for 1 month.

If you go to your target neighborg,and walk few hours is easy found many offers

I reach my great apartament, after 2 weekends in walking search, direct with landlord.

Real state agent, and househunting told me are imposible to

found good place with my budget ( R$ 2000)

Swimming pool, Sauna, garden, little apartament 1 room in Oscar Freire, SP

Dear All,

Subject: Accomodation for One Year in Sao Paulo

It has been really useful reading this forum.. I am a newbie sorting out accomodation on Sao Paulo for my bother and his wife.

Reading the forum

Please can you advise me on following:

- Any good website showing rooms/ apartment to rent for short   duration?

- What is best and cheap insurance I can take for apartment or rooms on rent? Is there any website where I can book insurance?

- Please can you advise what is 'condomino' and 'IPTU'?

I really appreciate any help or responses. I am a newbie.

Rental contracts in Brazil are now, by law, thirty (30) months in duration. For the first 12 months if you break the contract there is a contractual fine equal to the balance of the first 12 months rent. Following the twelfth month there is no longer a fine and generally contracts are terminated by giving notice equal to the deposit paid (usually 2 months rent) and that deposit is then used as rent for that period, after which you vacate the apartment.

On top of rent you will pay property taxes (IPTU) which owners are permitted to pass on to tenants and if you live in an apartment building that has an established condominium then you will pay condominim fees (internal/esternal/or both) for common expenses, light, cleaning, etc.

If you're searching try www.lugarcerto.com.br or www.bomnegocio.com

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Hi Tania,

Sorry, we don't permit free ads in the open forums. Would you please place this as a free ad in our classified section (HOUSING) which you will find in the menu bar on the left side of the forum page. Also it will get the same exposure there and remain current as opposed to here as a forum posting which is going to keep moving towards the back pages as new topics get posted.

Once you've done that I'd appreciate it if you would be so kind as to come back and delete the posting from this topic thread.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Old thread
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct