Credit Card Chargebacks: Visa vs Mastercard, best Banks?

Hi, i would like to know more about chargeback in mauritius. I'm currently trying to open a new account and I'm considering a credit card. I'm trying to figure out which is more safer, as a bank, visa or mastercard etc?

1) Is there a difference if it's a debit and a credit card? Does credit card really protect use more?

2) Which bank can help more in case of dispute, mcb, absa etc?

3) Visa or mastercard?

Thanks!

@Axome

Hello,

Usually people have both a debit card for daily use, you spend money that you have in your bank account and a credit card (as the name suggests, whether you spend money locally, online, internationally, you get credit from the bank and have to repay with interest).

If you plan to stay here, you will be using debit card more often (grocery shopping, restaurants), the credit card is useful for buying or paying things online internationally.

If I am not wrong, you automatically receive a debit card when you open an account as for the credit card, you will have to request one.

I would suggest that you discuss with your bank and ask any questions you might have. (interest fees, charges etc)

Regards

Bhavna