Questions from IND about verification against EU law

Dear all,

I am an Indian national married to a Dutch national. I lived in the Netherlands for 3 years while studying here before moving to another EU country. My husband and I lived there together for 2 years. We moved back to the Netherlands and applied for the verification against EU law. Now IND is asking me the questions listed below.

1. Is your family life bound to the Netherlands? Can you not live in the other EU country you lived in before or in your home country? Why not?
  2. What connection do you have to the Netherlands?
  3. When did you first come to the Netherlands and do you have any other family members here?
  4. Do you want to stay in the country because of your private life?

Is it common for them to ask these questions? If anybody else has had a similar experience, how did it go?

Thanks a lot for your responses.

Dear all,
I am an Indian national married to a Dutch national. I lived in the Netherlands for 3 years while studying here before moving to another EU country. My husband and I lived there together for 2 years. We moved back to the Netherlands and applied for the verification against EU law. Now IND is asking me the questions listed below.

Is your family life bound to the Netherlands? Can you not live in the other EU country you lived in before or in your home country? Why not?
What connection do you have to the Netherlands?
When did you first come to the Netherlands and do you have any other family members here?
Do you want to stay in the country because of your private life?

Is it common for them to ask these questions? If anybody else has had a similar experience, how did it go?
Thanks a lot for your responses.

-@greecegowda

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I don't know for sure, but it could be that this is because the Verification Visa you refer to is not generally available to Dutch citizens, but there are exceptions to the rule and perhaps they are trying to help you around a complicated situation.  This link will take you to a page of the IND website where it explains this.

It may be worthwhile if you spoke to the IND office dealing with your case and ask them,

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team