Selling a property in Limassol

Hi

I am enquiring on behalf of my wife. Her Cypriot mother lives with us in North London. Herself and her brother wish to sell their apartment in Limassol. My wife will need to obtain Power of Attorney for herself to deal with this in Cyprus. I assume this will need to be notarised here and verified by the High Commission in London before sending on. She will also need to obtain POA for a solicitor to act on her behalf out there for the sale as it is highly unlikely she will be obtain time off from work to travel out there to deal with the sale. Then of course there will be Capital Gains Tax in both countries to consider afterwards. Hence I am writing in case anyone might be able to recommend a London based solicitor for handling this?

With many thanks

@virtualchrissywissy

I sold a Cyprus property in 2022. I used a Cyprus practise that has a London office. I'm sure they could handle the entire transaction without your sister visiting Cyprus. She could presumably sign whatever documentation in London.

If you wish to discuss. PM contact details which I will pass to Lawyer.

In hand I have contacted Lawyers. They will liase with you from now. Best wishes

with many thanks!

My pleasure.