Public transportation in Bratislava

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Bratislava ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Bratislava?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hey,

Although Bratislava has no underground transportation system, I think that the overall quality is good.
They arrive according to schedule, there are night routes avail. for a small extra cost.
A monthly subscription is 25 euro, which is is ok, I think.
Some important warnings and instructions for use are also in english, french and german. So are the ticket dispensing machine.
There is also a web site that one can use to plan the journey:
http://imhd.zoznam.sk/ba/?w=2e25212e36212c28&lang=en
Regarding safety, other that the drivers are driving kinda harsh(maybe because they have to keep up with the schedule), I had no unpleasent surprises.

Kudos to y'all!

Hi mariusnegoita,

Thank you for this information. :)

I agree. transport is good, safe, and all night. I use this website all the time.
In fact, public transport is the only way to go around if you don't have a car. taxis are impossible to use if you don't speak Slovak.

So far I can compare with public transportation in Ireland and Canada. I would say it is cheap, really cheap, also it is pretty clean in comparison to Canada, but not as clean as Ireland. Safety is a question, I have never been afraid, but be aware if you are other that white, lots of extremists there especially around Petrzalka. Taxis are a problem, you need slovak, but if you have an address on piece of paper, no problem.

Thanks for your help ;)

Armand