Moving to morocco

Hi all,

I recently moved to morocco,  Casablanca with my family.

My husband is from morocco and have lived in France for over 20 years.

I myself I have lived and worked in the UK for 7 years and France for 9 years.

I had à very good job in France which I had to leave since my husband moved to Casablanca due to à professional opportunity.

Unfortunately,  I am finding it hard to get used here although I cannot deny,  Nice weather, Nice food.  However,  I find People in casablanca à step ahead of people in Europe.

Not being à moroccain, I am finding this hard to adapt myself and since July till now, although I have great expériences in international company , I am unable to find à job.

I have look for local and internationale company here, Unfortunately no positive response.

I have 15 years of expériences in accounting and finance field.

I wanted to share my experience and interested to know if other people are in same situation like me.

Please no négative jugement as I am only sharing my feeling

Hi you can easily find your job within international association who work here in morocco your profil is very interessting for them.so just use this website then you will find various offers*** good luck

Moderated by Bhavna 4 months ago
Reason : External link
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@naf23k

Hello and welcome !

Make sure that you create your CV In the Job offers in Casablanca section of the website and other recruitment websites listed in the Working in Casablanca article

All the best

Bhavna

@naf23k

have you tried to take the moroccan nationality?

@naf23k

Have you looked into working remotely for a company abroad? At least for US companies, there are more and more companies moving towards a "remote first" model which allows employees to work anywhere in the world. I'm not sure how oreva

@naf23k

Hi, I would contact your prior workplace to see if you can do remote work. Because of Covid, many companies found out that it works and saved them money.

With that said, it's not easy to find a job in Morocco that will pay anything close to what you were making in France. Also, France has the best retirement and healthcare when you retire. I've family there too and some of my nieces and nephews out of school can't found a job that pays good.

@naf23k

I just noticed my initial reply cut off the rest of my message 🙄 My husband is an accountant here in the US and has been looking at companies that focus on a "remote first" policy allowing their employees to work from anywhere in the world. If you're interested, you can send me a message and I'll be happy to share some companies and websites that he has been searching through.