A police letter

I need a police document saying I am not a criminal I guess for  some  paperwork.  I know there is an app PRESISI POLRI   but the is only for Indonesian.  Does anyone, especially someone living in Jakarta know about this and how to go about obtaining such a letter.  I went to my local polisi in Central Java and they basically said they don't do it and referred me to an office in South Jakarta.   Anyone have any info on this process, thanks.

I had loads from Central Java (Wonosobo).

I got more from near Bintaro.

Either things have changed (could be), or they don't know what they're doing.

We've never had problems getting those letters from the police. But they don't do them in just any police station, we needed to go to the main police HQ in our city and they know exactly what that letter is. Do you have someone local helping you?

@wyngrove60 actually yes but he told me the police told him to go to Jakarta which is not possible considering how far away it is.  I do find it incredible that all foreigners would have to go to Jakarta.  Any know th official name of the letter?

No idea of the name of the letter, sorry. My wife does everything for me and I just sign, make appearances etc.

Strange about having to go to Jakarta, it sounds weird. I live in Bandung and we do everything here and always have done. I would double check that they are giving you the correct information.

I need a police document saying I am not a criminal I guess for  some  paperwork.  I know there is an app PRESISI POLRI   but the is only for Indonesian.  Does anyone, especially someone living in Jakarta know about this and how to go about obtaining such a letter.  I went to my local polisi in Central Java and they basically said they don't do it and referred me to an office in South Jakarta.   Anyone have any info on this process, thanks.

-@Digitarius

The letter is called SKCK (Surat Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian). For me as a local, just visit to PolSek (Police Sector) or PolRes (Police Resor). Maybe your informan tell you to go to Mabes Polri is near semanggi & SCBD area. Not so far from my office. But Right now you can registered by their website.

https://skck.polri.go.id/

In the past, I liked making these letters for job applications.  Several companies requested the letter, especially government-owned companies.  I just need to come to the polsek or polres (I prefer to come to the polres because the SKCK validity period is longer), bring a photo with a background according to the year of birth (odd or even), bring a letter from the sub-district, a residence certificate, ID Card.  Until there, I will fill out a questionnaire form where the question is about whether you have ever committed a crime or not.  I prefer to take care of it myself because it's cheaper & actually not complicated.  It's just that you need to be careful, because there are lots of brokers there.  You will be offered help in making SKCK at a very high rate.

@Ryan_chaniago I am a foreigner so I cannot us the app or website I tried.  I actually was told by the local police here to use the app.  When I did it was rejected and app support told me the app is not for foreigners only Indonesians.  That's for the actually name of the letter.  At this point I am not sure what to do or how to get it.  I am in Yogyakarta.  I went to the main polisi in Bantul and they could not help and told me to go to Jakarta.  They even gave the address.   Any other suggestions? 

I just don't think it makes sense to have to go to Jakarta just for that letter. Also if it turns out that Jakarta tell you that you need to do it in Yogya because you live in Yogya, then I'm sure that could be annoying. I'd keep trying in Yogya.

Only other thing I can think of is to get a local friend to call the police in Jakarta and get more information from them.

@wyngrove60 I agree.  I going  to keep trying here and see if I can get someone to call the Jakarta office if I can find the number.  The app has an emergency number and I called it and when someone finally answered I as for the Jakarta number and they said they did not have it.  Incredible.

@wyngrove60 I agree.  I going  to keep trying here and see if I can get someone to call the Jakarta office if I can find the number.  The app has an emergency number and I called it and when someone finally answered I as for the Jakarta number and they said they did not have it.  Incredible.

-@Digitarius

If tommorow i'm not busy, i can help you to go to Mabes Polri. Because it's near my office.

@Ryan_chaniago Oh really, that woudl be great.  Where is Mabes Polri?   Please let me know if you are able to help or point me in the right direction. 

@Ryan_chaniago Oh really, that woudl be great.  Where is Mabes Polri?   Please let me know if you are able to help or point me in the right direction. 

-@Digitarius

I said it before, that is the Indonesian police headquarters.  The location is not far from SCBD, South Jakarta.

Not far from GBK, close to Semanggi.

I got the information.

There are 2 options for registering SKCK for foreigners.

At Mabes Polri (National Police Headquarters - Jakarta) or at Polda (Every Province has a Regional Police Office).

https://skck.polri.go.id/

FOREIGN Citizens (WNA)

• Letter of application from the sponsor, company or institution that employs, uses or responsible for foreigner.
  • Photocopy of ID Card (KTP) & marriage certificate if the sponsor is an Indonesian Citizen (WNI).
  • Photocopy of Passport.
  • Photocopy of KITAS or KITAP.
  • Photocopy of IMTA from KEMANAKER RI (Indonesian Ministry of Manpower).
  • Photocopy of Reporting Certificate (STM) from the police.
  • Fingerprint documents & fingerprint formula.
  • 6 color photographs measuring 4x6 with a yellow background, photo dressed modestly & with a collar, photo without facial accessories, face visible, & for applicants who wear the hijab, the pasport photo must show the full face.

Polda Yogyakarta

North Ring Road Street , Sanggrahan, Condongcatur, Kec. Depok, Kabupaten Sleman, Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta 55283

@Ryan_chaniago wow thank you so much Ryan.  I will start working on these today.  I will send my friend to the polisi station to confirm I can get this done there.  I sure hope so.  I will keep you updated on how things are going, thanks again.

I sent want you wrote to this Indonesian guy who has been helping.  He says he went there already and they told him they  don't make that letter for foreigners as a rule.  He said that was the first place he went so he knew about it already.  I told him we should try again and this time I will go with him.  I explained maybe he asked the wrong person, he said he went directly to the office at the station that makes such letters.  i can't believe how hard this is.   

@Ryan_chaniago wow thank you so much Ryan.  I will start working on these today.  I will send my friend to the polisi station to confirm I can get this done there.  I sure hope so.  I will keep you updated on how things are going, thanks again.
I sent want you wrote to this Indonesian guy who has been helping.  He says he went there already and they told him they  don't make that letter for foreigners as a rule.  He said that was the first place he went so he knew about it already.  I told him we should try again and this time I will go with him.  I explained maybe he asked the wrong person, he said he went directly to the office at the station that makes such letters.  i can't believe how hard this is.   

-@Digitarius

You're welcome.

That's right, you have to go directly to the SKCK section.  Please be careful, there are usually lots of brokers.  Sometimes the broker is even one of the police.  In my experience, brokers really like to complicate things or provide false information to make the process look complicated.  Even though if we take care of it ourselves it is much easier & cheaper.

Don't forget, the most important thing is the completeness of the documents according to the requirements.

Sometimes there are also brokers who can help you make everything, but of course with price.

I think there are also service companies that can help you.

But for me, taking care of it myself is much more cost effective. 1f601.svg

@Ryan_chaniago ok so I went to to SKCK polda in Yogyakarta main polisi as noted.  The told and my freind they do not give out that letter I would have to go to Jakarta.  I was told only thing they can do for me is to write a recommendation letter to the Jakarta office, which they did.   It actually looks like it could be used for a SKCK.  They also gave me  a phone number of someone in the Jakarta office.  I messaged them and after awhile got a response.  My wife spoke to the person and he told her to could send her the forms for the letter and he did and that's it nothing else.  He send about 7 forms to fill out but never said if we could return them to him or not.  So I am where I started from.  What do you think?

There were no brokers there at all. And yeah I rather myself anyway. 

@Ryan_chaniago ok so I went to to SKCK polda in Yogyakarta main polisi as noted.  The told and my freind they do not give out that letter I would have to go to Jakarta.  I was told only thing they can do for me is to write a recommendation letter to the Jakarta office, which they did.   It actually looks like it could be used for a SKCK.  They also gave me  a phone number of someone in the Jakarta office.  I messaged them and after awhile got a response.  My wife spoke to the person and he told her to could send her the forms for the letter and he did and that's it nothing else.  He send about 7 forms to fill out but never said if we could return them to him or not.  So I am where I started from.  What do you think?
There were no brokers there at all. And yeah I rather myself anyway. 

-@Digitarius

In fact, this does not match the information listed on the police website which states that foreigners can get a letter at the National Police Headquarters or Regional Police Headquarters.

My feeling is you get some document like fingerprint & biodata form (Daftar Pertanyaan Surat Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian). If that's the case, after you fill it out & complete it, you have to send it back to him.

Tomorrow I will try to visit the National Police Headquarters (Mabes Polri), I will try to ask the officers there.

@Ryan_chaniago yeah what he sent seems to be bio data stuff.  I will fill it out and send it back. 

@Digitarius  I sent the documents and this guy simply does not respond to any message we send him.  You have any idea how I can get a phone number for the office in Jakarta.?  There is a number listed on the documents he sent me but of course they don't answer and it's a Whatsapp number.  I can't believe how difficult this is. 

@Digitarius  I sent the documents and this guy simply does not respond to any message we send him.  You have any idea how I can get a phone number for the office in Jakarta.?  There is a number listed on the documents he sent me but of course they don't answer and it's a Whatsapp number.  I can't believe how difficult this is. 

-@Digitarius

Hi,

I try to install presisi application.

I see there are 2 options for Indonesian citizens (WNI) & foreigners (WNA).  I tried selecting WNA & the process could continue.  Don't you try it?  Because the application can be used.

The application is not only for local.  How is the process, go to the SKCK button, then select Submit SKCK Online, click Start, select complete identity data, select online verification, select citizen, and upload scan of the required data.

@Ryan_chaniago I  believe that is what we did at the police station and at home.  And we still got the same reply, "not valid".  My wife tried it,  I tried it and my friend tried it same response every time.  I'll have my friend check again but I am sure we did this already.