Education in Italy - Primary and High School

A bit of background. I am currently living in Hungary, where we really like to live and work, but my kids happened to be playing baseball, which is being played on a very low level here and I would like them to develop more. Me and my wife have four kids and we speak some Italian, my wife better than I do. We have four kids together, so when I am thinking about moving to Italy, my first thought was my kids. What kind of documentation is needed for them to be able to go to a school in Italy? It is quite obvious, that this would be a planned move, so they would study Italian as much as possible before going to school obviously. Please do not think of some international school, but normal public schooling in Italy. I appreciate all your thoughts and ideas. Also important detail. We are Hungarians, therefore carry Hungarian IDs and therefore do not need visas etc.

Hello Mate Takacs,

Welcome on board !

Till members guide you, feel free to the following article : The education system in Italy

have you already selected a few regions/cities where you would like to relocate ?

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Hi Bhavna,

I actually did, but it does not answer the question. Nothing is easier for me, then to walk into a school (potentially with an appointment of course) and ask the questions. My kids currently go into 5th and 4th grade, while the oldest is in first year high school.

My question is what kind of documentation or additional exams would be required for my kids to continue their studies in Italy? Again, public schooling, not some private institution. The article itself is very general and does not answer the question.