CRNM stint

Hey there,

Does anybody know the regular period of time which it takes to receive the CRNM card in Sant Catarina or SP?

I'm confused, since some PF offices need appointment others don't. Information gap, it sounds more like a lottery.

Besides, if the appointment and the card is issued in one state and later you decide to move to another one, do you actually need to update or change the documents ?

Value any information on this point.

@Zug I am also interested, since I did not think a CRNM would be available until my Permanent Residency Visa was complete. What is your current status?

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg

10/07/23 Does anybody know the regular period of time which it takes to receive the CRNM card in Sant Catarina or SP? I'm confused, since some PF offices need appointment others don't. Information gap, it sounds more like a lottery. Besides, if the appointment and the card is issued in one state and later you decide to move to another one, do you actually need to update or change the documents ?Value any information on this point.         -@Zug

Welcome!  Wherever you apply, once your application has been accepted at the PF, the CRNM is requested from Brasília and it should take about a month to come back and be ready for pickup.  You should get an email.  Some take longer, some come faster, but most of the delays related to the pandemic should have cleared the system by now.

Once you have your CRNM and change your address, whether it's across town or across Brazil, you're required to register your new address with the PF.  No need to change any documentation, just provide the new address and any changes to your contact information.  It can be done online, with proof of the new address:

https://www.gov.br/pf/pt-br/assuntos/im … devo-fazer

@roddiesho  My experience with the CRNM plus a plea:  That said, if anyone has an accountant referral, I would be most grateful to make sure the late Receita Federal tax form is filled out correctly, and as economically as possible.

I got a VItem Xiv in the Houston, TX consulate via a handler who was supremely efficient and helpful (2.5 years ago he was charging $199 + Brazilian fees, which you would have to pay here anyways, around $US350 for a total of $550.). The next step was to find a reasonable attorney (unless your Portuguese is good enough to read government complicated documents in Portuguese, mine certainly was not.)  A friend happened to know a really efficient pady who is pretty much retired but did it as a favor to me in the Country.  She helped me navigate the system and was even available for the interview at the time I had it since I was over 60 the wait was under an hour and not all day, as many go to the PF in Sao Paulo without an appointment or attorney one call away. 

Since it was December (I entered the country on 11/2/21) I didn't get the CRNM card (aka RNM) until January or late December.  I have diligently transferred at least US$2,000/month to Bradesco Banco, which took until late January to find another friend who had.  a contact at Bradesco Prime.  Now it has been 2 years -they put the date of your entry into the country 2 years later as the expiration date initially (or 11/2/23.).  I understand that typically at this point I will need to use hopefully the same attorney as a personal favor and again and get the pile of documents I need again, updated.  I should have started 60 days ago but just contacted her Friday.  Since I have complied with the requirements and have not had any problems legally, other.  then being in a hospital in Beverly Hills, CA after separate back operations over 14 days, when I was supposed to fill out the RF form that pretty much is very dense Portuguese but I understand the dollar amounts from my US /California taxes are simply input in reals and hopefully, since I had minimal taxes in the USA, I won't owe much here, although i am expecting since I am late in filing it there will be fees, hopefully not onerous ones, it should be a large paper drop but nevertheless hopefully before Christmas, I will have a new RNM that is indefinado rather than temporario on the back of it as I am now 62!

So at least for a retirement visa XIV that has been my process so far.  The first appointment 22 months ago went very smoothly, make sure to use the over 60 line or number as in SP it is not a place you would choose to hang out any extra time in.  There are lots of actual migrants as they are called in the USA and they are at the mercy of the PF, not having an attorney to call for any questions. 

That is the process I went through.  I would encourage anyone to get the "Permanent" Visa in the USA as you certainly can not get a handler for $200 in Brazil-my experience is when there is money to be made off a gringo in a spot they HAVE to have help with, things get expensive-after all, all gringos have unlimited resources, so why not?  I don't mean to sound cross, but playing Foose ball with gringos seems to be just below Futbol and stealing phones as national sports! 

That said, if anyone has an accountant referral, I would be most grateful to make sure the late Receita Federal tax form is filled out correctly.

I wish you all the luck that I so far have had, despite myself!  Someone was looking out for me in doing the FBI report in particular in the USA and not having to deal with the consulate here just slightly post-complete hysteria over COVID!  It all works out, there will be fees involved, but eventually, it will work out and hopefully my renewal will be as smooth as the original!  I assume in smaller cities it is quite a bit easier and maybe you will not need an attorney to make the appointment and fill out the application!

Lastly, I don't post a lot here, but love all the advice and sense of community we have here it's a great resource regardless of your permanent visa qualification.  THANKS EVER SO MUCH, Roderick [link under review].  55-11-9131-3932 or WhatsApp 305-987-9688.

@abthree

Much appreciated.

After the appointment is it enough a copy of the protocol (that PF gives you) or you need to ask them for additional documents therefore opening a bank account?

@Zug

We successfully opened bank accounts with protocols 16 yaers ago, and I do not think anything has changed since then - so you should be good to go!