Obtain carteira de trabalho - CPF not found

Has anyone recently managed to obtain a carteira de trabalho?

First, I attempted to use the obter-a-carteira-de-trabalho  service in the gov.br website, but encountered the following error message: "O CPF informado não foi localizado no Cadastro Nacional de Informações Sociais (CNIS). Realize sua inscrição no Portal do INSS e tente novamente." (The provided CPF was not found in the National Social Information Registry (CNIS). Please register on the INSS Portal and try again.)

When filling out the INSS signup form, I reached the screen to search for the CBO code (occupation code). However, the select element doesn't display any options.

I made several attempts calling the INSS (135), but they were unable to provide a solution. Today I visited the Ministerio de Trabalho but of course they redirected me to the INSS 1f642.svg

Does anyone have any ideas or workarounds for this issue?

There is a way to check the status or validity of your CPF, have you tried that? I think it's on this site, under ‘Etapas…': https://www.gov.br/pt-br/servicos/consu … as-fisicas

@Kurterino There is a way to check the CPF through the Brazil Government portal, but do you really need to? A CPF number is granted to an individual for life and has no expiry date - not need to renew.

You have to register to access, but, unless you have done something wrong, or want to check up on another individual there is no need to check it.

06/21/23 @Kurterino There is a way to check the CPF through the Brazil Government portal, but do you really need to? A CPF number is granted to an individual for life and has no expiry date - not need to renew.
You have to register to access, but, unless you have done something wrong, or want to check up on another individual there is no need to check it.
-@Peter Itamaraca

That's true, but several members have recently reported apparent delays in new CPFs being populated to all the databases where they should be, and error messages being returned.  Being able to show a confirmation may help in some situations.

06/21/23 @Kurterino There is a way to check the CPF through the Brazil Government portal, but do you really need to? A CPF number is granted to an individual for life and has no expiry date - not need to renew.
-@Peter Itamaraca
That's true, but several members have recently reported apparent delays in new CPFs being populated to all the databases where they should be, and error messages being returned. Being able to show a confirmation may help in some situations.
-@abthree

Are you talking about the impossibility to register a new SIM card with a recently obtained CPF? Because that did happen, however the link I gave showed that my CPF was valid, and it still didn't work. But I would still wanna check the status if I had a problem like OP's.

And I'm quite sure that I didn't have to register at the government site, I could just click on one of the links under Etapas…. But maybe that has changed now

Thank you for your responses.

Yes, it seems that CPF numbers take a while to become available on other government services. I wonder how long it can take - I received my CPF number about 3 months ago.

I have created a few tickets on gov.br reporting this issue. I will keep you updated on how it progresses ...

06/21/23 Yes, it seems that CPF numbers take a while to become available on other government services. I wonder how long it can take - I received my CPF number about 3 months ago.
I have created a few tickets on gov.br reporting this issue. I will keep you updated on how it progresses ...
-@martinsan

OK, here's a really retro solution if you want to try it.  Take your CRNM and your CPF card (print one off in color and laminate it, if you haven't already), walk them into the local state Department of Labor, and tell them what's been happening to your attempts to register.  That's how I got mine in Olden Days, before you had to apply for your labor card online.  After all, what do you have to lose at this point?

Has anyone recently managed to obtain a carteira de trabalho?
First, I attempted to use the obter-a-carteira-de-trabalho service in the gov.br website, but encountered the following error message: "O CPF informado não foi localizado no Cadastro Nacional de Informações Sociais (CNIS). Realize sua inscrição no Portal do INSS e tente novamente." (The provided CPF was not found in the National Social Information Registry (CNIS). Please register on the INSS Portal and try again.)

When filling out the INSS signup form, I reached the screen to search for the CBO code (occupation code). However, the select element doesn't display any options.

I made several attempts calling the INSS (135), but they were unable to provide a solution. Today I visited the Ministerio de Trabalho but of course they redirected me to the INSS 1f642.svg

Does anyone have any ideas or workarounds for this issue?
-@martinsan

Welcome to Brazilian Goverment Web., Substandard and not user friendly as usual. 

Agencies here don't trade data as seamlessly as one would hope for. 

Got to nearest branch of Receita Federal, and get it sorted out. 

I was able to resolve this by contacting an accounting office (escritório de contabilidade). They generated a social identification number called PIS/NIS at the Caixa Economica Federal.

Afterwards, I logged into https://www.gov.br/pt-br/servicos/obter-a-carteira-de-trabalho and printed my carteira de trabalho.

I hope this information is helpful to anyone facing this issue.

06/22/23 @martinsan.  Glad it worked out for you.  Great information  - thanks!

I was able to resolve this by contacting an accounting office (escritório de contabilidade). They generated a social identification number called PIS/NIS at the Caixa Economica Federal.
Afterwards, I logged into https://www.gov.br/pt-br/servicos/obter-a-carteira-de-trabalho and printed my carteira de trabalho.

I hope this information is helpful to anyone facing this issue.
-@martinsan

That's interesting…I was under the assumption that the CPF is the one and only number for any government service.