Collecting resident card from SEF

Hello everyone,

I had my SEF appointment for D7 visa in end of March in Coimbra and my resident card was supposed to come in 2-4 weeks from then. But I am outside Portugal right now and not sure if they tried to deliver the card at my address or not.

Is there a way to check or track the card on SEF website? Also, what's the preferred way to go and ask for my card at SEF office in Coimbra? Kindly advice.

Thank you.

Hi Ankur,

Don't have anyone with access to your correspondence in Portugal? Try registering on the SEF website, since your visa has already been approved, as you are already waiting for your resident card. Maybe you can check or track your card there, but I am not sure...

https://www.sef.pt/en/Pages/registo.aspx

Regards

@JohnnyPT - Thanks for your reply. I registered on SEF website, but there is no way to track the card.

@Ankur Joshi you should probably wait 90 days which is abit more than 4 months since every month has 20 working days.So in your case around August.

I did mine on 31st January and it is only last week that they told me it has been issued and will be delivered by registered mail. Am still waiting for delivery.

@James M76 Could I ask, where was your SEF appointment?

I'm wondering if I will receive the same kind of notice, when my card from a Coimbra appointment is on the way.  As usual, there are a variety of stories about this.

@donn25 by way of update, I have now just collected my card form CTT. I sent an email to SEF Coimbra asking when it will be delivered since they had confiemd tht i was alredy issued and they replied by sending me the tracking number. I had to collect because on CTT website it shwed they tried to deliver on Monday but I was not in the house.

You might have to keep emailing them since I don´t think this is information that they send out unless you ask.

Try registering on the SEF website, since your visa has already been approved, as you are already waiting for your resident card. Maybe you can check or track your card there, but I am not sure...

https://www.sef.pt/en/Pages/registo.aspx

If you don't already have the card, this site is good for the appointment you had at SEF, but I suppose if there's any information about whether the card was issued, that would be under "Application History" - and you need a 9 character Residence Permit Number to see that page.

My receipt has a 7 digit NIPC number (Número de Identificação de Pessoa Coletiva), so I put a couple 0s in front.  That didn't work out - the number wasn't explicitly rejected, but neither did I achieve the desired result.  I suppose you get that residence permit number when you actually get the card.