MVV Partnership Income Requirements

Hi Forum,

My boyfriend (Dutch) is working on the MVV application to sponsor me to Netherlands. His regular income is so far a little bit lower than the income required by IND. But IND also counts many other kinds of income, such as temporary seasonal contract, on-call contract, second job... I want to ask if the income from his extra job with a third company in Germany is counted? He has a part time contract but the problem is the income is from outside of Netherlands.

Looking forward to your response. Thank you so much!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The IND is looking for a contracted, guaranteed income; as long as the total contracts exceed the minimum. no problem.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Hi Cynic, thank you so much for your prompt response!

Since it is income from a foreign country, do you think InD would ask for the proof of tax record for that income?

Also in my case, they would not count my income and his parents' income right? Because it is not one of the cases below. But can I still submit my income for a better consideration? Since I have my own stable income and contract also.

Sometimes you may also count the income of your partner or parents. This is only allowed if you apply for one of these residence permits:
Residence permit for a minor child or adopted/foster child
Sponsorship declaration for a foreign student
Sponsorship declaration for medical treatment
Permanent residence permit

Hi again.

Where you are assessed for taxes is based on where you have been resident for more than 183 days in the tax year being assessed.  Assuming your boyfriend is a resident of the Netherlands, the Dutch Government (Belastingdienst) assess him annually on his worldwide income.  I assume he has made the correct declaration to the Dutch taxman for this overseas income, so will have no problem declaring this to the IND.  The information the IND get is as I stated previously (contracted income) - they are not particularly interested in the tax aspects, but it will become public record and the Belastingdienst will become aware of this income.

He is acting as your sponsor, so he alone would be totally liable to support you in good/bad times; you would have no recall to the state.  You can submit any information you think is relevant, but for making this decision, it is how much verifiable contracted income he receives from any source.  They will be able to check this information with your boyfriend's bank account.

If you already have a job and income that can support you, then perhaps consider applying for a permit in your own right.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Hello Good afternoon I am from the Gambia and living in Spain but I have two years residence permit in Spain and a Dutch family want me to move in Holland but they don't know what to do, please can someone help me  the possible steps that they should take  and make it possible,. Because not all information are found in the IND.

Please I looked forward to your help

Hello Good afternoon I am from the Gambia and living in Spain but I have two years residence permit in Spain and a Dutch family want me to move in Holland but they don't know what to do, please can someone help me the possible steps that they should take and make it possible,. Because not all information are found in the IND.
Please I looked forward to your help
-@wuyehsamba79

I answered this question in the identical message you sent to my mailbox.

Cynic

Expat Team

thank you so much Cynic!

hope you don't mind if I am asking more questions :D I need to prepare my Affirmation of Single status, do you know if I should get it from my country of origin, or in the country of residence, or both? (I moved here when I was 21 years old for 3 years now).

thank you so much Cynic!
hope you don't mind if I am asking more questions big_smile.png I need to prepare my Affirmation of Single status, do you know if I should get it from my country of origin, or in the country of residence, or both? (I moved here when I was 21 years old for 3 years now).
-@shinchan21

Hi again.

I think it's the country where you were born/registered at birth; whatever, the people who know what they are looking for are the Dutch Government (IND), they have a website with the details of who to contact to ask specific questions; this link will take you straight to it.  They also have a Twitter feed where you can ask generic types of questions like this.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

yes I've researching the site, but it is under service now so I just put the question here. anyway thank you so much! have a good day~

Hi hope you're doing well. I want to make one thing clear about the proof of income. I talked with the IND on Twitter already but the answer is still not cleared for me.

So my partner owns a small business with profit income, and a personal contract with paid employment income. We want to add those 2 incomes together, then what is the standard requirements we should follow?

As I understand, you can add in so the total/final income will meet the requirement for (each) income. But the IND answered in a way that each income should meet its own requirement first, then what is the meaning of additional/several income? When I check on the Income test of IND, it said you can add in if you earn them long enough one your own.

So this is very confusing. Can you help? Thanks a lot.

Hi hope you're doing well. I want to make one thing clear about the proof of income. I talked with the IND on Twitter already but the answer is still not cleared for me.
So my partner owns a small business with profit income, and a personal contract with paid employment income. We want to add those 2 incomes together, then what is the standard requirements we should follow?

As I understand, you can add in so the total/final income will meet the requirement for (each) income. But the IND answered in a way that each income should meet its own requirement first, then what is the meaning of additional/several income? When I check on the Income test of IND, it said you can add in if you earn them long enough one your own.

So this is very confusing. Can you help? Thanks a lot.
-@shinchan21

Hi again.

My understanding is that this is about different salary streams and how they use the information provided to ensure that enough is earned to support the family. There are 2 sorts of income:

• the first is sustainable income i.e. from a work contract where the employee has a guaranteed income,
  • Then there is non-sustainable income i.e. from a business where there is no guaranteed future income so they use historic information to enable them the determine whether and how much this income is. They use non-contracted income received over the previous 3 years to calculate a figure.

You can read these on the IND website and this link will take you straight to it.

They will require evidence of these incomes, so for sustained a work contract and pay-slips, for non-sustained, then bank statements, tax declarations that these incomes have been declared to the Belastingdienst.

Your sponsor has both sustainable and non-sustainable income, both need to meet the individual requirements they describe in that link before they will add them together to come up with a figure.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Hi team, thank you so much for your reply. According to your words, I think if the self-employed income meets the requirement of sustainability then it is also a sustainable income.

By the way after asking the IND again and again (gratefully they were so patient), this is what they explained me the third time. I leave it here for other reference. Hope it helps.

If you have several or more sources of income, and one of them meets the income requirements (independent, sustainable and sufficient), than you can submit the documents of that income for the application. If one source isn´t enough (meaning is below the required amount), you can add up the other one if the other one also meet the applicable rules (independent and sustainable). The added-up incomes together must at least be equal to the required amount that belongs to the residence permit.

@shinchan21 hey my partner applied using his contract based income(he is a teacher) but he also has business on the side that earns equally enough but we chose not to include it considering one job already fulfilled the requirements by IND.  I dont know I hope it helps.

@tracylady89 hi thank you so much for sharing. I guess your case belongs to the first case IND mentioned above. In our case we want to add up two sources together since one source doesn't meet the sufficient requirement but other requirements. So I hope it's okay.