DAFT experiences?

I am looking to get the DAFT visa and was wondering how the income works. I work freelance in the USA right now and I am making income. Most of my clients would rather continue paying in my american bank account and information. So Im wondering is there a buffer period for trying to find clients to up hold my european income? I know you need an investment of 4500 which isn't a problem but I'm more concerned about having the monthly required income (if I'm not mistaken). I will be making income in the USA so is it the same as me just transferring money to my european bank account? or does it need to be some direct income from someone other than me?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I suspect that if all of your clients are in the USA, you will not meet the requirement of:

• Being of essential interest to the Dutch economy.
  • The product or services you offer must be new to the Netherlands.

The Dutch Government (IND) used to have a section on its website devoted specifically to this subject, they have now grouped it into the self-employed permit section, so that's where you need to start; this link will take you straight there.

One last point, there are still some US-based websites offering this (example) service. They are quoting what used to be on the IND website, so it may be worthwhile contacting them and seeing if they can help you further.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Does the dutch government check your monthly income somehow? or just look at your total income in the end of the year?

Also for the daft treaty I believe i am exempt from meeting those requirements mentioned earlier.

Hello Fernando NZ16,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for your message here but could you please give us more details about the position you are referring to?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Does the dutch government check your monthly income somehow? or just look at your total income in the end of the year?
Also for the daft treaty I believe i am exempt from meeting those requirements mentioned earlier.
-@Catherine Labarca

Hi again.

They don't, apart from the unique criteria (link), the only money value I can see described is that you invest at least €4500 of your own money in the venture

The only other item with a cash value I can find is a requirement to make a gross profit per month (with holiday allowance) of € 1,462.41.

I'd recommend you speak to the Dutch Government (IND) regarding this, they have a contact page and this link will take you straight to it.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team